Help Needed Urgent

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
I used a mix 3/4th drinking water and the rest tap water
Did you use water conditioner? Just use your tap. If you've had fish in the same water you should be good but maybe look in testing it for salinity and ph in the future. right now worry about the nitrogen cycle.

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
So do I put a few pellets in everyday Deadeye Deadeye
i think scarcity of food will encourage it to eat better. mine starts to get picky so ill stop feeding him for a couple days a week. just my opinion though. if he doesnt eat for the next 2 weeks it probably wouldnt cause an issue in any way. mine also took like a month to stop going behind my sponge filter when id walk by. now hes as interactive as any other flowerhorn.

CaptainAquatics

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
You should be worried right now. Look up on google how to perform a fish-in cycle. And okiko is one of the most problematic foods imo. As mentioned switch too hikari or better northfin or new life spectrum. A fish in cycle is going to be time consuming (every other day or even daily waterchanges and daily water tests) and much more attentive then just cycling your tank prior to getting the fish but it's the price you have to pay for not doing research beforehand especially for such an expensive fish. I hope it works out because your flowerhorn really is a beauty. Your fish not eating is the least of your problems right now. That's just a symptom to an uncycled tank. If not done properly your fish could have permanent damage or even die. Don't worry about feeding right now. worry about getting your tank cycled.

Good luck
I Agree

Zosharf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2021
It hides behind my sponge filter and it still hasn't eaten anything since last sunday

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store