help on Arowana selection

BigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2005
Washington
Could someone show me some pictures of different species and what they cost. I am having difficultys selecting a type.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Could someone show me some pictures of different species and what they cost. I am having difficultys selecting a type.
cost has to many variable to tell you exactly

i know for example a juvinile silver can run from 15 to 200 bucks, all depends on where you live and availability.

put it this way

how big is your tank?

and dont tell me what you plan on getting, most of us cant even execute that plan/ or never execute that plan.

a silver arowana would probably be your best choice as blacks are hard to find, jardini's are far to aggressive for the average community tank, unless you intent to keep it by itself, leichadti's are almost impossible to find, unless you keep your eyes peel to our community sellers when they import some. asians are illegal, and african aros.......well you get the idea.

EDIT: jsut saw the other thread, its a 290.

hmmmmmmm good tank size you got.

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
heres a crappy pic of my black i will get some new ones today with the tank lights on. (when he swims under the lights he has orange around the edge and in the middle of his fins his scales also have awsome coloring if i could only take some pics to show it off)

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Depending on where in washington you live, there is a really good looking Jar for 149.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
honestly I would go with a silver if it is your first.. They are about the easiest aro to keep.. there are alot of things to learn about when keeping these guys.. and silvers can be very beautiful fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store