[HELP] RTCxTSN hybrid not doing anything

hydroxide

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2015
Indonesia
www.reddit.com
NEED HELP!
Earlier today, i bought an RTCxTSN hybrid ( http://imgur.com/wl2rOzi ) from a LFS near my house. At the LFS, the fish was healthy and very active, together with other RTCxTSN's. After i bought it, i went home and put it in my tank; and the fish just swam down to the tank's corner, just sits there, and does nothing but breathing, even when I poked it with a stick. What should I do?

UPDATE: after 2 hours, the fish is still... well... not doing anything. yet it changed its position a little.

PS: The fish's length is around 7", and in the tank, there's also an alligator gar (around 8" in size) that pays almost no attention to the catfish, so the gar isn't a threat.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
it just got ripped out of a tank that it was comfortable with, with tank mates it was comfortable with, and thrown in a new environment. Poking it with a stick is the opposite of helping it. Give the fish a day or two to acclimate to your tank first.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'm also going to be "that guy". what size tank do you have those monsters in.

I'm going to be "that other guy". The alligator gar may be tolerating now but if my guess is correct you may see some torn fins in the future between the two.

hydroxide

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2015
Indonesia
www.reddit.com
NEED HELP!
Earlier today, i bought an RTCxTSN hybrid ( http://imgur.com/wl2rOzi ) from a LFS near my house. At the LFS, the fish was healthy and very active, together with other RTCxTSN's. After i bought it, i went home and put it in my tank; and the fish just swam down to the tank's corner, just sits there, and does nothing but breathing, even when I poked it with a stick. What should I do?

UPDATE: after 2 hours, the fish is still... well... not doing anything. yet it changed its position a little.

PS: The fish's length is around 7", and in the tank, there's also an alligator gar (around 8" in size) that pays almost no attention to the catfish, so the gar isn't a threat.
UPDATE: I put a swordtail and a goldfish.... the RTCxTSN ate them both yet it's still just sitting down there.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
so... what I need to do is just to sit down and watch and wait?
you can watch it if you want I suppose, but some fish need time to get used to surroundings, plus if my calculations where correct its in a pretty small tank anyhow with another large fish.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
UPDATE: I put a swordtail and a goldfish.... the RTCxTSN ate them both yet it's still just sitting down there.
it ate and youre still worried...? dude you just need to get fish that aren't...well catfish. My cats of ALL species aren't lively. the tank at the LFS was probably empty except for fish right? he was probably lively due to no cover/a bunch of other tank mates. He probably won't be lively at all once he settles in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store