HELP stingray has white poop and not active

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
My test kit doesnt masure amonia :( i did a water change few hours before and added de clorinator/stress coat hope this doesnt effect the test kit but here the params.

Nitrate: 15/20ppm
Nitrite:0
Gh:7
Kh:around 12
Ph: close to 7
What kind of test dont show ammonia? Keep the tank highly oxygenated and hope for the best right now.

Jesse young fish keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2019
What kind of test dont show ammonia? Keep the tank highly oxygenated and hope for the best right now.
I have the test strip kit... Not the best. I will buy soon one that can show amonia. He doesnt sit always like this. He is now swimming on the glass again and sticking its nose out of the water. I will add an airstone. Btw temperature is 27 celscius is that good?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I don’t know enough about deathcurl to diagnose it at this point in my ray experience. But what I understand is that the curl is more of a consistent curl, rather than an undulating of the disc. When I picked up my first pearl it had its front up really consistently and it freaked me out. So I went to my books and concluded that he was sitting close to the current from the wave maker and that was holding up his disc.

My personal opinion is, stop pissing around with it and moving it all over. Let it settle in and add some surface agitation to raise your oxygen levels as much as possible. Don’t fuss with your current media or you will loose all the B.B. that is already on your sponge in the filter.

if it is eating and scavenging for food, just relax and let it settle. You might be stressing it out more than it needs to be.

Jesse young fish keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2019
I woke up and he is breathing ALOT better,almost perfect! Maybe it was the oxigen that was short. Il keep the air going. But if his poop looks like his food why did i saw all white poop and all brown poop with one little spot of white. I was feeding it the same.

His disc wasnt up due to water flow. It was because he would be able to pump more water trough its gills but now he isnt doing that anymore! I hope he will start eating always consistand good and start fatting up more. When he start eating like a regular ray i will offer him more food like earth worms, shrimp, mossel.

Jesse young fish keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2019
Well it is breathing very soft and barely opening the hole next to its eyes (dont know the name of it) but he is now hiding for the past two hours. Doesnt look like he is coming out of it soon. Just going to give it time he has been stressed ALOT.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I’d say different rays have their own behavioural personalities. I had one that hides all the time and one that is always exploring and bumbling around. Sounds like normal behaviour imo.

Good to hear that you are noticing the spiracles are settling down. If you get a chance, read all the stingray stickies in the stingray sub forum if you haven’t already.

Jesse young fish keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2019
I’d say different rays have their own behavioural personalities. I had one that hides all the time and one that is always exploring and bumbling around. Sounds like normal behaviour imo.

Good to hear that you are noticing the spiracles are settling down. If you get a chance, read all the stingray stickies in the stingray sub forum if you haven’t already.
Okay i finnaly know the problem! It was all this time to low oxigen. I feel so stupid! Always air the tank when a fish has trouble breathing :( i feel really really dumb. He is swimming almost all the day and looking for food in the sand :) . But still with the lights off. When i turn them on he goes in the sand so i will give him some more time with lights off. Still eating fantastic! I read a lot about stingrays. I was looking for people with the same problem as me so i already read 20 threads. But i will look up some more now. Thanks for the help all! And i will NEVER make this stupid mistake again.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
my advice is to relax....

if you have no liquid test kit, just do more water changes.... and carry on feeding... as long as he is eating, it should be fine

swimming on the glass is normal... my rays always do that... and sometimes i can hear them flapping their discs against the tank....

Jesse young fish keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2019
my advice is to relax....

if you have no liquid test kit, just do more water changes.... and carry on feeding... as long as he is eating, it should be fine

swimming on the glass is normal... my rays always do that... and sometimes i can hear them flapping their discs against the tank....
I ordered a liquid water test should be here in a few days. This one does masure amonia. He still is doing very good. Mine wont flap there disc to the glas he really jumps! Look like he is gasping air up. He will even come 10cm out of the water(around 4 inches). Im keeping the air stone on most pf the day. Im not worring anymore he is doing fantastic for what he first was. Just trying to fat him up now.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I ordered a liquid water test should be here in a few days. This one does masure amonia. He still is doing very good. Mine wont flap there disc to the glas he really jumps! Look like he is gasping air up. He will even come 10cm out of the water(around 4 inches). Im keeping the air stone on most pf the day. Im not worring anymore he is doing fantastic for what he first was. Just trying to fat him up now.
no harm with the additional airstone....

all the best

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store