HELP! Urgent.

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
I'm sorry It's not letting me post in the disease section. My favorite mbuna has bloat. I don't have any metro, or clout. I do have epsons. What is the proper dosage per gallon. He is in the secondary stage. I don't think he'll make it.

I should have recognized it earlier.

Reactions: dr exum

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
kno4te kno4te so pics might be helpful to make sure it is bloat and where it is.

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
kno4te kno4te so pics might be helpful to make sure it is bloat and where it is.
it's bloat. i know

Jexnell Jexnell Deadeye Deadeye any ideas on the dosage?

thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter do you know? Sorry that I had to tag you, I know your active rn so that's why.

Also will my other fish be ok with the epsons? I don't have another tank up

duanes duanes any ideas on the dosage?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
There is a good stickie in the diseases forum on Epsom salt. I don't want to give you a wrong number off the top of my head. You can opt for long term and short term baths or if the fish is eating, give it to the fish with feed.

When I treat, I treat long term bath the whole system or through feed. I've never noted any fish react in particularly bad to epsom.

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
I may force feed it my epson dosed pellets that I had for hex

There is a good stickie in the diseases forum on Epsom salt. I don't want to give you a wrong number off the top of my head. You can opt for long term and short term baths or if the fish is eating, give it to the fish with feed.
I had some dosed pellets from fighting hexs, gonna force feed it

RD'S sticky right?

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water for Epsom salt treatment. Dissolve the Epsom salt in tank water in a separate container and slowly add to the aquarium over 4 to 6 hours.

Reactions: KATALEKEEPER

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water for Epsom salt treatment. Dissolve the Epsom salt in tank water in a separate container and slowly add to the aquarium over 4 to 6 hours.
thank sm!

he survived the oral infection, good sign

will be feeding dosed pellets to everyone to make sure its not hex

is it true that at stage 2 they have already sustained internal damage?

really not much i can do. Thanks all. He seems to be not worsening

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Sorry, I don’t have much experience with bloat. I would go with the epsom salt and close monitoring though.
I hope he pulls through!

Reactions: KATALEKEEPER

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Dose 1 tbsp per 5g of epsom salt. Can go up to 3 tbsp per 5g but slowly add. Also add a round of kanamycin or maracyn2 if able.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store