Help with 90 gallon tank

Mhvoltage

Feeder Fish
Jan 31, 2019
hey guys I want to set up a 90 gallon tank as a non aggressive community tank, I think I want to keep it South American mostly and I want to add a black ghost knife fish some stiphodon goby and a school of fish probably some kind of tetra, I was wondering if I would be able to put in some angelfish and also a couple of the non aggressive South American puffer fish, I’ve been reading that the angels and puffer May mess with some of the other fish but if I can’t put them in I’d be looking for something else to include in their place (I know the knife will outgrow the tank but that won’t be a concern for a while and I’m trying to make angelfish work because my girlfriend loves them, the puffer fish would more be for me but if they will kill the other fish I just won’t have them)

Mhvoltage

Feeder Fish
Jan 31, 2019
hey guys I want to set up a 90 gallon tank as a non aggressive community tank, I think I want to keep it South American mostly and I want to add a black ghost knife fish some stiphodon goby and a school of fish probably some kind of tetra, I was wondering if I would be able to put in some angelfish and also a couple of the non aggressive South American puffer fish, I’ve been reading that the angels and puffer May mess with some of the other fish but if I can’t put them in I’d be looking for something else to include in their place (I know the knife will outgrow the tank but that won’t be a concern for a while and I’m trying to make angelfish work because my girlfriend loves them, the puffer fish would more be for me but if they will kill the other fish I just won’t have them)
Was also thinking maybe rainbow fish instead of tetras even though those aren’t south american

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
The fish you are listing are not necessarily "non aggressive" a BGK will eat anything small enough to fit in it's mouth, and puffers are usually nippy, though I have heard good things about Schoutedeni puffers. Not sure I would trust any puffers around the long flowing trailers of the Angels.
Your BGK and Angelfish could probably work for a while (Until BGK gets too large for tank)with some rainbowfish. Would call this "semi aggressive", not particularly peaceful. But should be do-able for a while in a 90

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
As mentioned bgk and angles would work out. South American puffers can tolerate tankmates but always a chance they’ll go after tankamtes. Would avoid the puffers and add a school if serape tetras or white skirt tetras for color. Bgk should leave these alone.

Mhvoltage

Feeder Fish
Jan 31, 2019
Was concerned about things I read about angels so I think I’m actually going to do flame dwarf gourami, a small bkg that will move into a new tank when he gets too big, some of the stiphodon goby and then a school of the smaller rainbows, read that angelfish can be a toss up aggressive wise and that the fast rainbow will stress them out along with the high flow rate the goby need

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store