HELP WITH FIN ROT PLEASE

MikeGuerra

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2013
rockaway park ny
2-3 weeks ago I put good fish in my tank to see how the water is in my 125 just set it up about a month ago. They did great so I got a silver aro a Florida gar and a CK but the past few days all the gold fish got cloudy eyes and a white film on parts of there body and also looks like some fin rot too. NOW MY CL LOOKS LIKE THAT!!! please help don't know what it could be. All goldfish died. Don't want the CK dead. Did water change added some salt plus my other chemicals. Amy help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
It IS fin rot. The white stuff is the fungus that is eating the fins of your fish. You should use kordan rid ich plus to treat it. Even though it says it is for ich, it treats fungus too. I have used it and it works great. What "Other chemicals" did you add?

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
Last edited:

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
Parameters are good tank is cycled and i put in Ali stress coat with the water change and api ammo just to be same
Stress coat will not treat fin rot. You need a treatment that will actually kill the fungus that is eating the fins of your fish. You should use Kordon rid ich plus to do that. You need to remove the carbon from your filters when you add the treatment because the carbon will remove the treatment from the water. You want the treatment to stay in the water and kill the fungus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store