Help with getting a car Phoenix and I can temporarily live in

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Wow, this is pretty crap to read. It’s a shame it’s come to this, it’s also weird you have to actually make yourself homeless before you can get any assistance, logically the govt might be better off preventing homelessness in the first place by building some affordable housing.

what sort of car are you looking at? Some type of van? Hope it’s safe to live that way where you are.
I am looking at cars like wagons, suv's etc. One that when the back seats are folded down will give me enough room to sleep inside of it.

Kinda leaning towards one of these. Went and looked at one in person.. has plenty room to sleep in, but not to huge so still gets decent gas mileage.

It says page unavailable above, but the link does work.

Since covid stated the city has opened up "car parks" safe places for people living in their cars to park at night. Fenced in areas with 24 hour security, restrooms, hard washing stations, trash removal etc.

Last edited:

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
There is help for people still in a place, but it's help for rent/bills for a short amount of time, couple months. I have been on a section 8 waiting list for 8 years now and still 9000th person on the list. Homeless get bumped to the front.
We have similar issues here, covid has obviously made things much worse. Rents are crazy and theres just not enough subsidised housing. From what ive heard the temporary emergency accomodation is worse than being homeless.
It does sound like you have a plan but its still not a good situation. As long as its safe and there is a possibility of getting something permanent eventually then hopefully it wont last that long. Touring the U.S sounds good but its not the best circumstances to do it in.
All I can really say is good luck with it all, i will try to donate something after my monthly bills go out but if theres anything else I can do let me know.

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I am eternally grateful for all those that have generously donated to help me through this.
Getting close to the point where I can use the donations as a down payment and secure the vehicle.

This is what I am looking at.
Low mileage for it's age, plenty of room for my needs. It's a four cylinder, front wheel drive so has great gas mileage of 22/28. They just dropped $1100 off the price.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Hi my name is Sean. I am raising money for a vehicle that me and Phoenix can temporarily live in.

I am a twice over cancer survivor on social security disability. My rent got raised to an amount I can no longer pay. Along with a drastic reduction in snap food benefits creates a $500 dollar swing per month that I can't pay. So I need to get a vehicle to live in for a few months while homeless programs can get me into subsidized housing that I can afford.

He bud. Sorry to hear about this. I just chipped in. Encourage others to follow suit.
Will also pray something great happens to turn this around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store