Henlei Group Just In

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_IN_SD

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Sturgis S.D.
Can we all stop my thread has been raped for reason I wish I knew if you all feel like arguing go start another thread please and stay off mine respect me enough to keep only comments to help not to fight on thanks but this is making me sick all the fighting I don't have time for this. Help or just stay quite

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
X2 This is a heneli thread. I am suprised a mod diddnt close it long ago. I for 1 am looking foward to seeing them progress. gl Ray5 and Welcome to the forum.

Ray5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2012
Basement of Rays
Thanks male seems to be the only true one giving me a problem one female is making a little come back the other is half way there as I can see

Venom Stinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Arlington,Va.
sorry ray...in trying to make it better i made it worse.
GL with them. hope the male pulls through.

Ray5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2012
Basement of Rays
Thanks its cool. Yeah male is out of hiding hunting for food now chopped up earthworms anyone?

Ray5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2012
Basement of Rays
Sorry for the crappy pics but here

uploadfromtaptalk1329698779826.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1329698794768.jpg

WhispersinMyHead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2011
In my Head
Feed whatever it takes to keep them eating and put the weight on. Earthworms/Nightcrawlers (high in protein) will pack the weight on quickly. But I wouldn't let them eat until they burst at one feeding. I would feed smaller amounts at least 4-5 times a day. Or more if your personal time allows.

Ray5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2012
Basement of Rays
thats what im doing unfortunately i have work monday thru friday but i am feeding small amounts a few times a day hopefully they turn around fast

Venom Stinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Arlington,Va.
just a thought or two if you dont mind.
you might want to change to a sand that doesnt stick to them..and i think it would be best to get the rocks and wood out for a couple reasons.
1. your rays could hurt themselves on the points of the wood and rocks and in the shape they are in they might not be strong enough to fight an infection.
2. could trap alot of food in there causing a spike.
just imho..

he is a stunner.

IRONWOOD

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2010
usa
You all are quick to point fingers at the seller, but did you ever think about the fact that maybe these things are on the rebound? Maybe they looked even worse when Shawn got them? Maybe they are accepting foods because they have been eating and haven't recovered yet?

You should have seen what our Falkneri looked like when they got here..... Expected bad but was still shocked. What does that mean for people wanting to see pics? Tough sh#t. I'm absolutely thrilled to have them and am VERY thankfull the guy I got them from sold them to me, but to vendor condemers here he'd be crusified. His name would be shat on cause he didn't keep them for 2 months and nurse them back to health in order to try to achieve a thumbs up from all the hobbyists that pride themselves on providing better care then anyone else? Hello? Wouldn't it make perfect sense to get these rays that just traveled 1300 miles by car to a facility to bag up and ship 30 hours away to the hands of the real experts? The hobbyists?

People don't run ray rescue shelters, they run businesses. IF the business is ran poorly, built on false prophecies, or just plain sucks, guess what? It dies. Shawn's been doing this crap since before most of us had our first ray. If he sucked at it I'm guesssing he would have found a new line of work years ago. It shouldn't really matter to any of us anyways. it's his business, not ours. IF you've had bad experiences with Shawn, that sucks for you, but I gaurentee you are heavily outweighed by people very happy with thier rays and are buying more. For those of you all about nice captive bred specimens, be carefull who you buy your rays from in the coming years, they may have passed through Shawn's hands, cause some of the people producing rays are very happy he's still in the fish game. He's a standup guy and anybody that knows him knows he is and know when crap happens he's a good guy.

As far as him leaving MFK how the hell do you guys even know it had anything to do with business practices????
You need to get your head out of your ass!!!. Nothing but bad things about this guy. Those rays are in horrible shape & you know it!! If some one shipped you those rays you would be having a fit to no end!! Thin garbage that should have never been sold/ shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store