Henlei vs. King Henlei

rayrayray

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
uk
For me there will always be a King henlei and a normal henlei,i wouldn't call it King to up the price as i don't think it makes any difference,i would call it king just to describe it's markins...some people would rather have a nice plain spotted hen some would like the king markings,if they are given these names at least anyone buying one will hopefully get the right hen for them..That's my opinion.

For me a perfect king henlei will have king markings round all spots,then there's no disputeing how differen't it is to a plain spotted henlei.I like them both equal amounts.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
For me there will always be a King henlei and a normal henlei,i wouldn't call it King to up the price as i don't think it makes any difference,i would call it king just to describe it's markins...some people would rather have a nice plain spotted hen some would like the king markings,if they are given these names at least anyone buying one will hopefully get the right hen for them..That's my opinion.

For me a perfect king henlei will have king markings round all spots,then there's no disputeing how differen't it is to a plain spotted henlei.I like them both equal amounts.
i got a henlei which i got from alan then sold to justin that only had 2 little spots around the big spots and that was called a king henlei when i got it but i sold it as a normal nice hen

if the name can change as simple as the owner grading it whats the point of the flash names

the price will reflect the grade of the ray not some name someone has pulled out the air

rayrayray

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
uk
i got a henlei which i got from alan then sold to justin that only had 2 little spots around the big spots and that was called a king henlei when i got it but i sold it as a normal nice hen

if the name can change as simple as the owner grading it whats the point of the flash names

the price will reflect the grade of the ray not some name someone has pulled out the air
Yes I agree about the price thing,..alot of normal henlei have a few small spots also..but i think if all spots have full dots round it warrant's a king label as it's a differen't looking henlei,nothing to do with it's value as some people would rather not have the small spots also.

Rays starter

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2015
Agreed with Rayrayray
ust a regional variant of a Potamotrygon henlei (same species); both rays are endemic to the Rio Tocantins in Brazil but are caught from different localities, the King being the more attractive fish that commands a higher price than a normal Henlei. The spots are generally larger, particularly around the perimeter of the disc. These big spots are surrounded by a series of smaller white spots giving the appearance of a crown when viewed from above… hence the name "King". Some pups will have almost every spot with this kind of pattern, and such fish command very high prices particularly in Japan as well as other parts of Asia. Others like my male will just have a few spots like it, either way when you have King blood within a group you are going to produce quality rays with larger spots, far nicer than most wild imports ( credits to aquaman45 )

image.jpg

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Looks like a mix of rays.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store