Heres why parents eat their young!!!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Guys I think I have the answer for this problem .This is because the pair is not ready to have the babies and it just happened that either of them had spawned so it's partner also spawned as to still be paired up with the partner
Don't think that's how it works.

troublesum

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
The reason polar bears eat the young has to do with global warming if they cant find food they eat there young so they can live live to have another baby and another chance, If the mother dies the baby will also die

RdJag420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Floriida
my female fh just ate her eggs within 24 hours. they are in my office at home which i am in all day. i think she just gets nervous with the traffic. next week when she lays eggs again i am going to cover the tank. if that doesn't work i am going to separate the female. if he eats the eggs too i am going to try and milk him and separate them both from the eggs. if that doesn't work i will pee in th tank.
Lol

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
When my male electric blue recently started showing interest in the female on the other side of the divider. when he had his back turned his mating partner snipped him and now he's dead. He partially coated the eggs him and his partner laid two days ago. After i took him out she eat the good eggs then spit the bad one's on the other side of the divider. Now i'm a firm believer of fish having relationship rage. Might be that! Lmao

Also if you watch the interaction between fish. Sometimes one might be too controlling. Most likely the female, because the male is straying off. That's a bad sign and she might just eat the eggs.

Reactions: FAT daddy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store