Hey there just go ahead and suggest

Exp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2018
As some of you may know i bought morays and changed my setup to brackish but they didn't eat and were without diseases and wild caught so i released them in the native from where they were caught and BY THE WAY MY POND IS NOW EMPTY AND IM THINKING ABOUND BUYING OSCARS TIGER OSCARS OR ALBINO or red or veil tail or lemon CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THEY CAN STAY IN A 350-400 G SHOULD I BUY 2 OR 1 AND THE SPECIES ALSO WILL HELP AND I LIVE IN INDIA SO YOU GUYS CAN SUGGEST ME PRICE WHICH IS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE SPECIES because i haven't bought oscars for about 2 years and i have experience of tiger and albinos for about 3 years AND YES I RELEASED INDIAN MUD MORAY S IN INDIA AND THE PLACE FROM THEY WERE CAUGHT AND I ALSO WAITED FOR ITS WOUND TO HEAL ,AND CHECKED FOR DISEASES BEFORE RELEASING SO DONT WORRY IT DIDN'T HAVE AN AQUARIUM DISEASE AND IT WAS A NATIVE

troutman54

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Michigan
I would say its safe to say you could have an oscar for every 75 gallons or water in your tank but I wouldnt go over 4 of them since they do tend to be pretty messy. Right now I have 2 oscars in a 120 gal and with weekly water changes of 1/3 of the water the nitrates stay around 30-40 ppm, I also just got a pothos plant that I just put on the top of the tank with roots in the water in hope it lowers the nitrate below 20 ppm

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Wow ok. I like to start by suggesting punctuation. At least a little. I'd also like to suggest the disuse of long sections using all caps. It makes this very hard to read, and most will probably just pass by.
As for your eel thing ive got no idea if what you are saying is good bad or indifferent. If it was wild caught by you at that location then ok I guess.
Can Oscars live in 300 to 400g yes quite well. How many? Well probably a pair maybe 2 pair if there is enough space and something to break line of right. In my experiance oscars are pretty territorial. Ive kept 3 in a 125 with little fighting, it was 2 females and a male but that was only for about 2years. As for the different types i don't think it matters for care.

Exp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2018
I would say its safe to say you could have an oscar for every 75 gallons or water in your tank but I wouldnt go over 4 of them since they do tend to be pretty messy. Right now I have 2 oscars in a 120 gal and with weekly water changes of 1/3 of the water the nitrates stay around 30-40 ppm, I also just got a pothos plant that I just put on the top of the tank with roots in the water in hope it lowers the nitrate below 20 ppm
I have daily water, Change is it a problem for them i mean can it stress them??

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
so i released them in the native from where they were caught
IN INDIA AND THE PLACE FROM THEY WERE CAUGHT AND I ALSO WAITED FOR ITS WOUND TO HEAL ,AND CHECKED FOR DISEASES BEFORE RELEASING SO DONT WORRY IT DIDN'T HAVE AN AQUARIUM DISEASE AND IT WAS A NATIVE
Hello; Bad move. Once taken home and kept a while fish should not be released back into the wild. You seem to know this based on the text of your post so I will not point out the issues.

Exp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2018
Ye
Hello; Bad move. Once taken home and kept a while fish should not be released back into the wild. You seem to know this based on the text of your post so I will not point out the issues.
Yeah i knew thats why i took precautions before releasing

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Ye

Yeah i knew thats why i took precautions before releasing
Hello; I do not buy it. Once a fish is taken home then it should not be released back into the wild. I get that you caught the fish and that you put it back into the same area but still a wrong move. Not as bad as someone releasing a fish from another country which is non-native for sure but still not to be done.
Once you put it into your tank/pond then there is the chance of cross contamination for one thing.

This is just one standard we fish keepers need to keep. You figure to make an exception and so will others. A fellow I know recently told me he released some tropical fish in a stream near his home. I told him the same as I am telling you and I could tell by his look that he did not agree with me on this. He was wrong and you were wrong.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Agreed with S skjl47

There is also a chance that you could also be introducing stronger, more medicine resitant strains of bacteria / viruses etc into your local systems as well...

I mean whats done is done now and im sure others in this world will still do it, but next time if you decide to collect a fish and keep it in your home aquarium, please keep it there for life :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store