HI HELP DaMAGED ARO BARBEL

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Might be best to let her rest and calm down till tomorrow. Hope you can figure out what may have startled her. Would be good to not let it happen again. Sometimes a reflection or bright colors will startle an aro.

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
oh you mean not feed her till tomorow?what about when i drop the sinking for the marbled pim catfish she might try to steal some like she always does hehehe

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
That would be fine, if she did you should just feed her as normal. Usually a stressed aro won't eat and it's best to give them time with no disturbance. Mine didn't eat for a few days after he hurt himself.

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
oh ok hope she's still pellet trained if she dosent eat for a few days

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
I'm sure she'll still eat pellets. She already recognizes them as food. Aros are usually not picky eaters. Mine will literally eat anything I drop in the tank!

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
oh ok thanks again for helping us and putting us at ease will try to feed the catfish first if she tries to steal some then il know she's okay to feed thank you so much now were not as worried as before

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
this noon saw my aro swimming around after i put a little stress coat so i thought id try to feed her 1st pellet he chewed a bit the spit out i thought he'd go back for it like she usually does but no she ignores it for 5 mins so i tried a new pellet she ignored this completely so in your opinion which is the better move try again tommorow morning because i was thinking of not feeding him till wednesday what do you think?
:(:(:(:oops:

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I'm sure she'll still eat pellets. She already recognizes them as food. Aros are usually not picky eaters. Mine will literally eat anything I drop in the tank!
you may be mixing up silver aro and asian aro when commenting about aro being non picky eaters

Reactions: MariaS
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store