Hi. I'm new on here and have a Q

2bfishy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
Iowa
Bertie, for two Motoros would you suggest a female and a smaller male then? I'm not familiar with a bog filter is that like a sump filter with lava rock and plants? Pics?I don't know how to post pics on here. Also, remember it is a fish-less pond right now. Just a pond filled with water and sand. Lol

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
If you did two motoros then two females or a male and female, a big filter is a sump or tub filled with plants, to upload a pi click the upload a file button and choose the picture, I just want to see the pond

2bfishy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
Iowa
Bertie, for two Motoros would you suggest a female and a smaller male then? I'm not familiar with a bog filter is that like a sump filter with lava rock and plants? Pics?I don't know how to post pics on here. Also, remember it is a fish-less pond right now. Just a pond filled with water and sand. Lol

2bfishy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
Iowa
Bertie,
Can you show me some pics of a bog filter? What plants do you recommend for this filter?

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
This one is on a pond but it’s the same concept, it’s a low flow filter than can use aquatic with a layer of gravel, maximum 12” thick. The water passes through the gravel and plants filtering it. For plants you can use juncus effucus and corkscrew rush as well as sagitaria and latifolia

90FC79A5-889E-4589-BB34-E88C7CFF9ECB.jpeg

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Very fun project!

Just a note:

When it comes to cycling, you have to cycle with the bio load that you'll need. So if you cycle with a few baby fish, and then add 2 monster sharks that you rehomed from someone else, your bacteria colony will not be large enough to handle the load. This will lead to ammonia spikes and another cycle, potentially killing the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store