highly aggressive mbuna only!!!

meanbestorque

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2008
Hawaii
I bought this Mel. Chipokae once and he was viscious. All he would do is swim back and forth terrorizing my Elongatus, Kenyi, and Crabro so much I had to take him out. My Kenyi actually held her own for a while, sometimes even chasing the Chipokae, but after a while her spirit broke and was a victim for the rest of the time the Chipokae was in there.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
meanbestorque;2759824; said:
1) Pseudotropheus Elongatus
2) Pseudotropheus Lombardoi
3) Melanochromis Auratus
4) Melanochromis Chipokae
5) (Enter your opinion here...)
That's odd.. I've had elongatus, auratus, and chipokae and I didn't think they were that bad. I also had Crabo (Bumblebee) he was a little territorial, but not bad. Johanni were not bad either.

Kenyi were the most territorial I've had.

PS. Demasoni was the worst. The guy was a serial killer. He killed about 10-12 fish before I figured out it was him. Only time I ever scooped out a live fish and gave him the death penalty. I didn't want to give him to anyone else, he was just too mean.

I will add a disclaimer that I have kept all these fish above in either a 180 or 300, so I think the extra space reduces aggression.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
Wimmels;2838208; said:
#3 Cynotilapia afra Cobue
Wow, I am not doubting you. I am just surprised. I have one, probably an obvious male based on how he guards his cave.

He is very docile for a mbuna in my opinion. He hides most of the time.
He is one of the smaller fish in the tank, maybe that's why.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store