highly aggressive mbuna only!!!

Blue2Fyre

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Wow I have never heard of an aggressive acei. I guess a lot of the suggested aggressive species can be left up to the individual. Some species have a history of high aggression but even within those there can be individuals that are calmer. The same can be said with the more peaceful species, like acei. I'm guessing sometimes one goes psycho.
Pretty much the most aggressive species I have seen are kenyi, red zebras, crabos and demasoni.

greenearthlawns

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Danville, NH
It would be much easier to make a list of peacful mbuna's lol I think the only ones are blue dolfins... as far as I've seen all the rest are very aggressive if and when they are the dominant ones in the tank... all depends on your mix... I just got some blue dolfins and they are the most peaceful african cichlids I have seen they even play w eachother... It's kinda weird they really do look and act like dolfins~

bobgobucks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Rockport, TX
Blue dolphins? Hap moori? Just had to get rid of one...terrorized my whole tanks. also, before anyone says it...no they are not mbuna.

greenearthlawns

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Danville, NH
I thought they were mbuna some info I have found says they are sorry, i guess they are all terrors when they get big, too bad, at the moment though they are being cute and smimming around like dolfins, even ones that are supposed to be more peaceful can become brutal so I guess it all depends on tank mates, size temperment, etc...

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
greenearthlawns;2855010; said:
I thought they were mbuna some info I have found says they are sorry, i guess they are all terrors when they get big, too bad, at the moment though they are being cute and smimming around like dolfins, even ones that are supposed to be more peaceful can become brutal so I guess it all depends on tank mates, size temperment, etc...
There are two kinds of "blue dolphin".. One is the hap. There's another one that is a Mbuna which uses that common name. I have some. It is a dark blue, with narrow black vertical stripes. I don't know the latin name.

james callan

Feeder Fish
Jul 3, 2017
1) Pseudotropheus Elongatus
2) Pseudotropheus Lombardoi
3) Melanochromis Auratus
4) Melanochromis Chipokae
5) (Enter your opinion here...)
most aggressive is elongates. little bugger demasoni, strongest male greyshakei. elongates has dominated johanni. never had kenya, bumblebee or auratus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store