Hikari Carnivore Pellets vs Cichlid Sinking Gold

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
My bichirs love the cichlid gold more than massivore, maybe mine just got used to it.
Yeah, I feed it more often than not. The big thing I think is it's like "cut up steak". Instead of getting a couple large pellets they get multiple smaller bites. Idk, just makes more sense to me that way.

pancakes

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2016
Paradise
What I recently learned is unless your fish can easily swallow the massivore pellets, they would have to break it down to bite size and in doing so will foul the water (more frequent wc). The hikari carnivore sinking pellets however being bite size (probably applies to chichlid gold as well due to similar bite size) is easier for them to suck in without the need to grind down hence less wc.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
My fish won’t even mouth cg but even my most picky eaters wolf down carnivore. About 1/3 the volume but I find it fills them up faster.

Reactions: Rob909

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Most of my polys wont go near massivore but go nuts for nls. Vulture cat loves it too

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Im not a fan of hikari products. There ingredient list is ...ugh
Agreed. I think a lot of it is like Doritos. Sure the fish will gobble it up!

I do feed my oscar and severum Hikari bio gold plus because of the minimal waste it produces vs other pellet foods.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store