Hostess Closing Down... No More Twinkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Heck with the Twinkies I want some Honey Buns!

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
Their problems couldn't have anything to so with the $100,000.00 per month they were paying the CEO.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Basic math: even if CEO works for free, that would not have saved the company without union concession. Teamsters ate upset with the bakers union because bakers walked out in the last minute. Oh well, I guess sticking it to the man was worth all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
This is big news here in Philly.My uncle actually used to work there and he used to bring me some of the Honey Buns with the white icing on them...I loved them but my molars and my waistline screamed bloody murder.Now Clockwork,what was so sketchy about that store?

LOL, it wasn't that bad, just one of those slightly dirty non chain convenience stores with bars on the windows. The Asian guy working there with a thick accent thought it was really funny I was buying all his Twinkies.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Joke's gonna be on him once he finds out how much they are going to be worth.

Acousticfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2008
Corvallis, OR
Basic math: even if CEO works for free, that would not have saved the company without union concession. Teamsters ate upset with the bakers union because bakers walked out in the last minute. Oh well, I guess sticking it to the man was worth all of this.

That's only one of the executives. It was a poorly run company. The union haters are simply using it as a scapegoat. Maybe they would have conceded had the executive team not been talking raises as they as for concessions from the people that make the very foundation of the company.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
As a condition of bankruptcy, quite a few executives had the $1 salary for a while to balance out things a bit.

In any case, no matter how you look at it...8% reduction in pay is better than unemployment.

lipadj46

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2011
queensbury
While unions are not a without their problems, without unions the American worker is screwed. Hostess workers chose to make a stand, the company would have failed eventually anyhow.

sent from my TI85 during chemistry class

killzmke

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
milwaukee
I'm going to miss the ho ho's. I heard that other companies might pick up the bigger brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store