How’s the weather?

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Sounds brutal...you're lucky to be alive...
Ha , Im sure it’s relatively mild for you but it seems cold as hell for
supposedly sunny australia.
As England is having its hottest summer ever we are having one of our coldest winters at the same time. I normally enjoy the cold weather but having a very cold day with a flat tyre on a Monday morning took a bit of the fun out of it for me.

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Yeah, flat tires are never fun regardless of conditions.

The weather is weird everywhere. We have just come out of the wettest, rainiest spring on record; major flooding and damage is extensive throughout the southern half of our province. My little backyard pond overflowed to the extent that I actually built a sort of "weir" in a low spot of the yard to ensure that my fish...which were doing laps around the house for a couple days!...would not escape into the hayfield.

I've been home for over a week now, and temps have been over 30C almost every one of those days...but we also had at least a moderate-to-severe thunderstorm every day. Four days ago, up at the worksite, my buddies were enjoying yet another mid-summer snowstorm.

Just...weird...:)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I'm sweating my nads off at work, my phone is telling me it's 35°C and we're not even at the hottest part of the day yet!

Can't wait to get home and sit out the back with a freezing cold beer. And no The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow , this time I more than likely won't be wearing any undercrackers! Lol.

Ogertron3000 Ogertron3000 , I'm really sorry about your cold weather!!!! Lol.

This is Esox signing off from sweltering blighty, lol.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Phew, today has been hot. We managed to nudge 38°C down south, it peaked at about 36°C where I live, so not quite a record breaker. But tomorrow is going to be hotter with many places nudging 41°C!!! That would whoop the old record by about 3°C.

However, tomorrow will be the last of it because temps are meant to plummet then to around 18-19-20°C for the rest of the week and beyond.

Crazy crazy weather.

• Wow
Reactions: deeda

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Rocky Mountain National Park. Hailed for 20 minutes and it’s on and off rain, as Colorado weather usually is.

2A9C64FA-7624-40B2-B138-80A2591AC88C.jpeg

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Phew, today has been hot. We managed to nudge 38°C down south, it peaked at about 36°C where I live, so not quite a record breaker. But tomorrow is going to be hotter with many places nudging 41°C!!! That would whoop the old record by about 3°C.

However, tomorrow will be the last of it because temps are meant to plummet then to around 18-19-20°C for the rest of the week and beyond.

Crazy crazy weather.
Yeah I hear you guys are getting crazy weather. 40 degree Celsius is 104 Fahrenheit. (Easier for me to understand lol) I think I heard on the radio less than 1% of you in the UK have air conditioning. Is that right?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well, it's official. Our previous record temp in the UK was 38.7°C recorded just a couple of years ago. Today, at Heathrow airport in London we recorded a temperature of 40.2°C, a new blighty record!

Were the past two days just a freak or is it genuinely down to climate change, I don't know.

Before climate change was even a thing the UK, in 1976, we had the hottest and driest prolonged period of weather ever recorded. It was mid 20's to low 30's every day for about 7 weeks. And climate change wasn't even mentioned, nor have we had a prolonged hot dry spell since.

The summer of 76 is stuff of legend, for those that remember it. I was 9 years old and I remember it well.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Well, it's official. Our previous record temp in the UK was 38.7°C recorded just a couple of years ago. Today, at Heathrow airport in London we recorded a temperature of 40.2°C, a new blighty record!

Were the past two days just a freak or is it genuinely down to climate change, I don't know.

Before climate change was even a thing the UK, in 1976, we had the hottest and driest prolonged period of weather ever recorded. It was mid 20's to low 30's every day for about 7 weeks. And climate change wasn't even mentioned, nor have we had a prolonged hot dry spell since.

The summer of 76 is stuff of legend, for those that remember it. I was 9 years old and I remember it well.
I would think it’s a combination of freak weather and climate change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store