How big should I go?

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I'm assuming he wants to keep it. Even so after 3years that fish will be a sorry sight in a 300. And yes it's growth will slow down mainly due to inadequate living conditions.
I doubt it will be a problem in 3 years in an 8ft tank, but based on the OPs questions, I also doubt he’s thought things through more than maybe a year or two if that

Reactions: Krismo962

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I'm dropping out of this one now. Its getting repetitive. I'd just like to say, some of you lot should work for ikea. They are experts at convincing people something will work in a small space.
This doesn’t look too bad to me

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
A lot of these people think keeping a fish in to small of a tank is cruel and not very fair. I'm pleased to see there are a few of these people about.
I see so many humped backed goofy eyed arowana about. Reason being, about 90% of owners can't accommodate for them.
Lol humped backed goofy eyed aro, you saying this from experience or just from what you saw? Cause alot of silver aro will eventually will have that as they age, eye silver aros in the public aquarium get those.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Lol humped backed goofy eyed aro, you saying this from experience or just from what you saw? Cause alot of silver aro will eventually will have that as they age, eye silver aros in the public aquarium get those.
I bet they don't in the wild. Just goes to show even public aquariums arguably aren't suitable for such fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store