How come there isn't a forum on predatory Haplochromis?

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
How were able to get so many Tyrannochromis? LFS in my city have no idea what I am talking about and I hardly see them on the internet.
I am looking for those, Butch Livingston from South East Cichlids can get them but not guaranteed male even for a 6-8" fish. There are a couple of local breeders that can get them in Las Vegas, so I am waiting on them to find me a guaranteed male of those species.

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
A few years ago there was a shop here that was really big on Africans and they brought in some very hard to find species such as Gnathochromis permaxilaris and Rhamphochromis.On any given day there was no telling what you might find in there but they went the wannabe Petsmart route and stopped stocking most rare stuff.
You can order a lot of rare species from sites like Dave's Rare Fish if your local shops won't bring them in.
Nice, well I got lucky and they arrived today just got a Malawi Hawk, Malawi Trout and a Polleni Cichlid, they arrived this morning but I have not seen them yet, but my son says they are doing well. I will try to post a vid of them in my growout tank.

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
A few years ago there was a shop here that was really big on Africans and they brought in some very hard to find species such as Gnathochromis permaxilaris and Rhamphochromis.On any given day there was no telling what you might find in there but they went the wannabe Petsmart route and stopped stocking most rare stuff.
You can order a lot of rare species from sites like Dave's Rare Fish if your local shops won't bring them in.
Nice, well I got lucky and they arrived today just got a Malawi Hawk, Malawi Trout and a Polleni Cichlid, they arrived this morning but I have not seen them yet, but my son says they are doing well. I will try to post a vid of them in my growout tank.

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
Yeah LFS suck in ElPaso thing is this is a big city, you would think there would be one or two decent pet storres

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice,looking forward to the photos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store