How does everyone deal with traveling (leaving fish alone)

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Longshot but what about the landlord/owner? They usually already have access to your dwelling anyhow so perhaps you could work something out.

good idea. we'll see. i dont have place yet))) i would like to live in south florida during winter and in europe during warmer months. so i am trying to figure out how it would work out with having fish (living without an aquarium is impossible for me)

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
so i am thinking either getting a roommate or paying someone.
hello; Sounds very "iffy". I am not aware there are any experienced fish keepers that can be hired to come in to your home to do WC and the other things necessary to maintain a tank. Let us know if you do find some outfit that does this. What will their liability be as far as the loss of fish, damage to the home (leaks-broken tanks-and such) and just having strangers with a key to your place?

The roommate angle seems novel. Someone willing to split the rent, be knowledgeable about fish keeping in general and in particular about the specific fish you keep and be willing to take over your fish chores.

My experience has been that no one takes care of my business, personal or otherwise, better that I do. Good luck with a very novel idea.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
i dont have place yet
like to live in south florida during winter and in europe during warmer months
living without an aquarium is impossible for me
Hello; Do you happen to like turtles?

More information adds to the difficulty of getting a grasp on the situation. Seems you have a serious conflict with the lifestyles you favor. At first I sorta thought this was a one time deal or at least a short term situation being forced on you by a job requirement or some such and you are looking for a way to keep your tanks going.

Sounds like you may have to choose between a globe trotting life style or a fish keeping lifestyle. With enough money to spend this sort of thing should be doable but the roommate angle sort of casts a doubt on the wealth involved.

I will follow the thread with interest. Again good luck.

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
Letting the landlord or roommate to take care of the fish is running great risk, unless they are hobbyists and know how to take care of fish. Fish caring is not just feeding, but involved other care taking tasks. Hiring a professional to take care of the fish is the only safe option, and there are many professional available for hire. The alternative is to sell all the fish and restock when you are back.

Reactions: Frank Castle

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Just an FYI, but he lives in the Ukraine
I am actually living in Transnistria))). I have an appartment in Ukraine, but i dont live there anymore because of the political situation.

I want to set up a residence with fish in South Florida, but I cant seem to give up idea of not spending time in Europe at least part of the year. that's the problem (well, not really a problem, but more of a preference)

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Letting the landlord or roommate to take care of the fish is running great risk, unless they are hobbyists and know how to take care of fish. Fish caring is not just feeding, but involved other care taking tasks. Hiring a professional to take care of the fish is the only safe option, and there are many professional available for hire. The alternative is to sell all the fish and restock when you are back.
I have done that many time already)))

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Hello; Do you happen to like turtles?

More information adds to the difficulty of getting a grasp on the situation. Seems you have a serious conflict with the lifestyles you favor. At first I sorta thought this was a one time deal or at least a short term situation being forced on you by a job requirement or some such and you are looking for a way to keep your tanks going.

Sounds like you may have to choose between a globe trotting life style or a fish keeping lifestyle. With enough money to spend this sort of thing should be doable but the roommate angle sort of casts a doubt on the wealth involved.

I will follow the thread with interest. Again good luck.
I like turtles, but i have never kept any. I am not rich at all. I make some money of the internet and of some real estate. so this kind of allows me to not have a "real job". But i do have pretty tight budget.

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
hello; Interesting. This is a new one to me. Do you have any specific information on these professionals? Are they available in specific areas only?
If you see lobster tanks in your supermarket, they are likely taken care of by contract professionals. Look it up in the yellow page for the service.

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store