How does this tank look? 1000 gallon community dream tank.

LungfishLover1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2023
I want to know if there would be any contradictions in this tank like any fish being aggressive or killing everything else, please alert me of any problems. app used to create the layout was "Fishi"

IMG_3149.PNG

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
Guppies and shrimp would be eaten by everyone. Archer are brackishso they are out. Lung fish can get between 3 and 4 feet with a appetite for snails and other fish. Even with big tanks your better setting up for your favorite fish and going from there with tankmates.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Guppies and shrimp would be eaten by everyone. Archer are brackishso they are out. Lung fish can get between 3 and 4 feet with a appetite for snails and other fish. Even with big tanks your better setting up for your favorite fish and going from there with tankmates.
Actually, there are freshwater archerfish species, specifically clouded archers. But I agree with everyone about the shrimp, guppies and other smaller fish. I would recommend some much larger fish. Or a massive community of small fish.

Reactions: Caveden

LungfishLover1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2023
the aquarium of the pacific says that archerfish can live in fresh or brackish water, would freshwater not allow them to thrive in the same way?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I want to know if there would be any contradictions in this tank like any fish being aggressive or killing everything else, please alert me of any problems. app used to create the layout was "Fishi"

View attachment 1539119
Perhaps based off your list you could do the clown loaches, 1 Fire Eel, 1 Chinese hi fin banded Shark, and a bunch of archers.

Or the BGK, Arowana, and some cichlids.

Or giant tank full of mini fish, guppies, snails, rams, shrimp, corys, etc. Perhaps that with Discus (just take out the shrimp unless you do the really large shrimp breeds such as vampire or bamboo).

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
the aquarium of the pacific says that archerfish can live in fresh or brackish water, would freshwater not allow them to thrive in the same way?
For brackish species, correct. Brackish archers can live in freshwater temporarily as juvys, but they have to eventually move to brackish. Pure freshwater archers on the other hand, can live in freshwater their entire lives. Like I mentioned above, clouded archers are the best option, albeit expensive (at least in my area), usually around 40-50+ per fish.

If you put brackish species forever (and this goes for any brackish water species) in freshwater, they will suffer, usually with a short lifespan and many health problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store