How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Eschool going to start, all sports of course are cancelled. I was lucky to go to DC before all school trips were cancelled. Nothing major yet in my state, we can still buy groceries.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I feel like it’s about to go down.....

a few things have changed very similar to everyone else’s story here so far. But I think the next 2-3 days will be very crucial.

Reactions: Niki_up
Here in Miami things are relatively ok compared to some places. Police are still operational but we have nothing except food in the supermarkets. I did everything online for 4 years prior to this so basically it's affected me in no way whatsoever except that jiu-jitsu is closed and I was planning to compete. Parents' jobs are set, though people are getting fired left and right in their company but they are pretty high up so I don't think that will be a problem (my dad is also close friends with the CEO so that helps). Every day brings news so we'll see what happens I guess.

Reactions: deeda
I forgot to mention that my grandma lives with us. In Romania it's sort of a custom for the grandma to come move in with the parents once the grandkids have been born. Of course even if she wanted to she can't get back to Romania now. We're on edge for her, she may have been exposed.

• Wow
Reactions: Matteus

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Well it just got real....

The roommate decided to spend the weekend with his girlfriend. She tested positive today for covid-19......

Did she get it after he left....
Did she have it before....
Was showing symptoms today, so that means she got it a week or so ago....

More than likely I have it now....
Will update when I know more

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
Devastation. The state of Connecticut shut down. Kids home. Son doing the rest of college semester from home online. My wife and I are both in Restaurant business......wife layed off and lost benefits. i am lucky to have a job as my company has layed off 1/3 of all employees and made everyone else take 50% pay cuts. Keep in mind that restaurants generally pay bills 30 days out......The company I work for is a 3 billion dollar company with low low margins and we have 220 million in unpaid invoices we cannot collect on. When this is over 1/3 of the restaurants you love will likely be gone. Disaster any way you look at it.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Business as usual at my work, but we are starting to see some budget scrambling by management as a result of plummeting stocks. Just got the "no overtime" notice today.

Other than that im just noticing people yelling at me everywhere. I was yelled at at a gun shop, then a brewery, then at the grocery store all by overzealous employees enforcing their "social distancing" policies. Its like everythings moving towards a police state, vaguely orwellian and pretty disturbing.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Update:

Roommate can't get a test till he shows symptoms as per local guidelines due to test shortages.
I can't get a test till he test positive.
Sorry to hear Yes, no test till symptoms and a screening. Quarantine in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store