How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
duanes duanes , I am so sorry for your loss.

Reactions: esoxlucius

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
He had a do not resuscitate order if things got bad, and about 3 days into Covid, it was obvious there was no return.
They made him comfortable, and dulled any pain, so he died peacefully in a coma.
It's how I would want to go.
For many months, I didn't know anyone close who got Covid, but in the last couple weeks its been quite different.
First a vocal teacher got it from a student, recovered but lost her sense of smell.
Then my X-wifes boyfriend, who thought it was a hoax, got it, and spent a week hospitalized
Then a previous co worker and friends father that lived in the same assisted living facility.

Last edited:

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Sorry for your loss duanes duanes . That is truly terrible news. ?

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
My sympathies duanes duanes
I lost my parents some time ago, so I only worry about the kids.
But my wife worries enough for all of us.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Sorry to hear Duane. :(

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I went to the local Kroger last week to see about getting a test for covid19 antibodies. It will cost $25. A finger stick for a drop of blood. Was told the test would take about 30 minutes to be ready. Turns out there is paper work and I had some stuff that needs to stay cold already in my buggy, so I took the paper work home and filled it out.
Went back yesterday but was told they were too busy to do the test as it is the first of the month. I knew about check days and do avoid places like Wal-Mart around the first of the month. I did not know it applied to prescription medicine.
I will try again next time I go to get groceries and tell how it goes.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
In addition to the Covid problems, we have seen 9000+ structures burn down in California this year. Consequently, every guy with a hammer and a skilsaw is busy, and getting a good plumber, mason, or electrician is a waiting game with no guarantees.

So when my water softener failed I decided to install the new one myself. Now I did not install the old one, but 18 years ago I shortened the plumbing and moved it closer to the garage wall.

I re-used the old copper unions I had installed at that time because Lowes didn't have new ones. Unfortunately both initially tested OK. But the water pressure here varies from time of day, and both of them are dripping. Grrrr.... I did find a plumber willing to come this AM, and we will see how good he is.

I should just go find new parts and re-solder it myself. I learned to solder copper and weld steel when I was a teenager.

But I am getting to old to be so cheap. Also I am not as steady or sturdy as I once was. I should learn to be lazy and spend more.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
In addition to the Covid problems, we have seen 9000+ structures burn down in California this year. Consequently, every guy with a hammer and a skilsaw is busy, and getting a good plumber, mason, or electrician is a waiting game with no guarantees.

So when my water softener failed I decided to install the new one myself. Now I did not install the old one, but 18 years ago I shortened the plumbing and moved it closer to the garage wall.

I re-used the old copper unions I had installed at that time because Lowes didn't have new ones. Unfortunately both initially tested OK. But the water pressure here varies from time of day, and both of them are dripping. Grrrr.... I did find a plumber willing to come this AM, and we will see how good he is.

I should just go find new parts and re-solder it myself. I learned to solder copper and weld steel when I was a teenager.

But I am getting to old to be so cheap. Also I am not as steady or sturdy as I once was. I should learn to be lazy and spend more.
Hello; since I do not know what sort of connections you are trying to make this suggestion may not apply. I have started using "shark tooth" connectors on copper pipe. The big box stores have a variety of types. They have worked well for me so far. You just push them onto the pipe. If the connections do not come with one of the special tools I suggest getting one. They are cheap enough.
Last time I did some work with water pipes on my house was to move an outside faucet. I was able to find a connector that allowed me to fit 1/2 inch copper pipe to a length of blue pex pipe. The fitting worked fine. Tough part was drilling thru the brick wall for the new faucet and later replacing the brick at the old location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store