How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Jeepers chill out.

Covid is getting real for me now. Came home for fathers day weekend, find out the next day that a family member was in close contact and now I am showing multiple symptoms. Going to the Dr tomorrow to organise a test. Very poor timing before my exams, and worse because I am very rarely sick, especially in warm weather.

• Wow
Reactions: deeda

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
So do you believe that the live, COVID Task Force Briefing to the nation on the pandemic was the right time and place for a politician to ask spur-of-the-moment questions about the use of disinfectants, light, bleach and other unproven approaches to treating the virus?

Why was a politician doing the briefing at all (and not scientists)?

I invite you and others to watch the briefing - I am not going to provide a link - and make your own assessments. My assessment is that it was wildly inappropriate.

Hello; This is an interesting spin job. I figure any who reads your post will see the angle. When you realize it is foolish to diss a person for asking a question as you have been doing for some time now, you resort to being a critic of the time and place.
It is unfortunate the anti media used there own false spin and made it seem he had told people to drink bleach for political reasons. They could have told the story as it actually happened and maybe some of the folks you appeared to be concerned about would not have used bleach. Or they could have just left the story alone and the idea would have never had traction. But like so many spin jobs during the time, nothing was off limits.

Hello; Interesting spin again. Note -I did not read the link yet. So some group was pushing a cheap drug that's been around nearly 70 years. A drug likely with generic status. A drug with well known side effects, all to make money. Let me think. Which clinical drug actually got approval? Oh yeah, remdisivere (sp). A new drug likely still under patent and very much more expensive per dose. I did notice this irony, did you?

Hello; No I do not question a pilot as his behind is in the same plane right along with me. I do question a doctor with regard to surgery and have done so. I went to three doctors before letting one operate on my knee. I even used magic marker to write wrong knee on the good one and bad knee on the bad one. Had I allowed the first doctor to move my kneecap I would not have had the torn meniscus repaired. I see stories of doctors operating on the wrong body part from time to time. Last one was an amputation as I recall.

Let me make the point again. Had the experts and authorities done things right during the pandemic and the lockdowns I would not have any reason to question what happened. Had they been truthful all along then I and many others would not have doubts every time they make a new announcement. Had the pandemic and lockdowns not been political fodder I and many others would still trust the authorities and media. How does the old saying go? They made their own bed, now they will have to lie in it.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Are you vaccinated?

Jeepers chill out.

Covid is getting real for me now. Came home for fathers day weekend, find out the next day that a family member was in close contact and now I am showing multiple symptoms. Going to the Dr tomorrow to organise a test. Very poor timing before my exams, and worse because I am very rarely sick, especially in warm weather.

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
The easiest approach to our confusing, frustrating and polarized times is to characterize all politicians, scientists, business people, experts, media, etc. as corrupt, idiotic, useless and otherwise full of BS. Throw them all out and install someone who is an "outsider"... a "disruptor".
Hello; Have had this tactic used on me before. That being trying to make my comments seem universal when I am actually trying to talk about more specific things.
I can see I will have to be more careful with my wording. A few days ago I was having a very similar conversation on this same subject with some fellows. He kept spinning my comments much as you do. I made the comment that I could say the sky is blue and one of sure enough one of them came back with it can be blue some places and not in other places. Even if you fail to get the irony I am sure some others will.

Let me be more specific. No I do not suspect every scientists, expert, and business person to be corrupt. There are plenty enough examples of those who are that I have no need to look far however. Just as in my post a short time back with the Hilton link, I will be careful to be more specific. In fact there are health care professionals and experts I find to be honest.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
So other than the baseless accusation that a cable news commentator made about scientists at the CDC "cherry picking" data about the need for children to get immunized, to what - specifically - are you referring?

Hello; Have had this tactic used on me before. That being trying to make my comments seem universal when I am actually trying to talk about more specific things.
I can see I will have to be more careful with my wording. A few days ago I was having a very similar conversation on this same subject with some fellows. He kept spinning my comments much as you do. I made the comment that I could say the sky is blue and one of sure enough one of them came back with it can be blue some places and not in other places. Even if you fail to get the irony I am sure some others will.

Let me be more specific. No I do not suspect every scientists, expert, and business person to be corrupt. There are plenty enough examples of those who are that I have no need to look far however. Just as in my post a short time back with the Hilton link, I will be careful to be more specific. In fact there are health care professionals and experts I find to be honest.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Jeepers chill out.

I am sorry to hear this Hendre. Please get lots of sun and fresh air, take your vitamins, and know that you are young and strong and will certainly recover quickly.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I do not have the energy to read all this but please remember to be civil with one another

Are you vaccinated?
No, only over 60s and healthcare workers are getting the vaccine at current

I am sorry to hear this Hendre. Please get lots of sun and fresh air, take your vitamins, and know that you are young and strong and will certainly recover quickly.
Thanks Ulu. Doing my best

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
So other than the baseless accusation that a cable news commentator made about scientists at the CDC "cherry picking" data about the need for children to get immunized, to what - specifically - are you referring?
Beware language and the art of manipulation (msn.com)

“As The Federalist explained in a 2015 report on manipulating voters, "When polls show a majority of folks favor a policy or candidate, it marginalizes those who disagree with the poll, peer-pressuring them into conformity by making them think their opinions are unpopular, invalid, or irrelevant."”

“Injecting scientific consensus into an argument shuts down debate.”

“Wildfires in California are attributed to global climate change even though there were considerably less fires in western Canada during the same period of time. Both extreme hot and cold are considered to be effects of global warming”

“Another example is the science of the COVID-19 pandemic, where two men of science espoused divergent views: Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Dr. Scott Atlas, the Robert Wesson Senior Fellow in health care policy at the Hoover Institution, who was a special adviser on the virus to former President Trump. Some in the media labeled Fauci "America's Voice of Reason in 2020." He advocated for closing the economy and schools. Dr. Atlas was branded as a "controversial former Trump adviser." His views were more in line with the Great Barrington Declaration recommending "focused protection" of those most vulnerable, such as seniors and those with pre-existing conditions.”

“Legacy media largely reported the science-according-to-Fauci, dismissing any science that challenged the mantle of consensus he claimed. Many media outlets also failed to report inconsistencies in Fauci's positions over time.”

Hello; (my comments) The above link is the first I came across so far. I was not doing a search it was among the stuff which shows up when I log on to the web. I pulled a few quotes to give an idea of the contents. I suggest any who want to be sure of the context read the article for themselves. I will refrain from too many comments. I suppose the last quotes are the more relevant to the thread discussion.

I will find more specific information in time to answer your challenge.

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Jeepers chill out.

Hello; Hope you do well. If you test positive keep in mind there are some good clinical treatments known now. I hesitate to suggest any particular thing. Talk to the doctor and see if he/she will give you something to help your body to fight the infection. You might mention the blood clots to the doctor and see if he/she has any sort of plan. Your odds are good at your age. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store