How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
That is contradictory to CDC guidance:

If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a aCOVD-19 vaccine?

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19
Hello; I have been paying some attention and so far the information I find is those naturally recovered still have the immune response from the infection. This will be an ongoing thing in the sense of time passing. But so far week by week and month by month the naturally recovered are being found to maintain an immune response. At least this is what the most recent information has been I have seen.
I imagine the experts who do not yet know how long a natural immunity will last will let us know when they have some definite information. I imagine the thinking of those who are recovered may be why risk any potential side effects of a vaccine as I am already naturally protected. Anyway here is a good place to show the evidence the naturally recovered are losing that acquired immunity if you have it.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
While you've been "paying attention", what you're saying is inconsistent with CDC recommendations.

As the side effects of the vaccines are quite minimal - and are being closely tracked by the CDC and FDA, among others - the downside for following CDC guidance and getting vaccinated is very low. Which is why the experts from around the nation who comprise their advisory panel made the recommendation that they did.

The reason that we - as a nation - have a CDC and don't just rely on people on fish forums to post stuff from Fox News, Daily Mail and random YouTube videos is that none of us either have access to the data informing research on these topics nor the expertise to interpret it.

Again my point: As much as we all like to self-select our "evidence" on how we make decisions for ourselves and our families around COVID (and lots of other things), the CDC represents a rigorous, scientific, non-partisan and valid source of guidance.

Hello; I have been paying some attention and so far the information I find is those naturally recovered still have the immune response from the infection. This will be an ongoing thing in the sense of time passing. But so far week by week and month by month the naturally recovered are being found to maintain an immune response. At least this is what the most recent information has been I have seen.
I imagine the experts who do not yet know how long a natural immunity will last will let us know when they have some definite information. I imagine the thinking of those who are recovered may be why risk any potential side effects of a vaccine as I am already naturally protected. Anyway here is a good place to show the evidence the naturally recovered are losing that acquired immunity if you have it.

Reactions: RD.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
As the side effects of the vaccines are quite minimal
Hello; I was sick for two days after the second moderna shot. As sick as I ever was with a bad flu. It did not last as long as there was not the cell damage associated with an actual infection so I recovered sooner. That may be quite minimal to you, but it felt plenty bad at the time to me. I was watching Washington journal just moments ago. They had a doctor on who made the comment the reactions to the vaccine were a little soreness and muscle aches for a day or two. My reaction was enough to stop me in my tracks for two days. I could have functioned the second day if some strong need came up but I felt bad and just laid around. That is the reaction many have had. I have spoken to several who had the same. Also spoken to some who have very little reaction.

That two day bout of vaccine reaction is one thing, there are beginning to show up more long term reactions to the vaccines. I took the risk, had the shots, as I am old and at risk and had not had the virus infection. The naturally recovered without having been put in a hospital have a natural immune system reaction else they would not have recovered from the virus. At some point the vaccines will not longer be under nan emergency use label and much more will be known about the side effects. Had I been infected with the virus and recovered on my own I would have at the very least put off getting a vaccine for a time. I would already have a natural immune response for some time, possibly a long time to the initial virus strains.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I don't know about you, but having 2 day flu symptoms is considered normal to me. Bad flu like symptoms is one that takes more than 4 days to get rid of the bad symptoms, and requiring me to get a doctor's note for work.

At least with the vaccine, you can schedule possible symptoms that keep you in bed/too tired to work. You can't "schedule to receive symptoms" from a contracted virus.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I don't know about you, but having 2 day flu symptoms is considered normal to me. Bad flu like symptoms is one that takes more than 4 days to get rid of the bad symptoms, and requiring me to get a doctor's note for work.

At least with the vaccine, you can schedule possible symptoms that keep you in bed/too tired to work. You can't "schedule to receive symptoms" from a contracted virus.
Hello; I did not have a two day flu. I had a reaction to the vaccine which was as bad as a bad flu for the first day and I was too sore and tried the second day to do anything. When I have had the flu I was sick for many days and took a few days to recover. I was told to expect a little soreness by the nurse who gave me the shot. It was more than a little soreness.

I was not trying to equate the vaccine reaction to being ill from the virus. I did not have any way to know if I was going to have a very mild case of the virus as so very many have had with some having no symptoms all. I could have had a serious case at my age so i got the vaccine.
Anyway my last few posts have been about the naturally immune from having recovered from the infection being asked to take the vaccine. Do it this way. If you had the infection and recovered, then take a vaccine if you wish. I would not have taken a vaccine had I had the infection and recovered, my choice.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
A day or two of flu-like symptoms is nothing compared to actual COVID. There are - very rare - more serious complications (like anaphylaxis)... but exceedingly rare.

We've not been through this before so we simply don't know how long the immune response will remain (for each vaccine and future ones and for exposure to past variants) for current and future variants.

So again, how should we all be making decisions around this: Listen to the CDC and follow their guidance.

Hello; I was sick for two days after the second moderna shot. As sick as I ever was with a bad flu. It did not last as long as there was not the cell damage associated with an actual infection so I recovered sooner. That may be quite minimal to you, but it felt plenty bad at the time to me. I was watching Washington journal just moments ago. They had a doctor on who made the comment the reactions to the vaccine were a little soreness and muscle aches for a day or two. My reaction was enough to stop me in my tracks for two days. I could have functioned the second day if some strong need came up but I felt bad and just laid around. That is the reaction many have had. I have spoken to several who had the same. Also spoken to some who have very little reaction.

That two day bout of vaccine reaction is one thing, there are beginning to show up more long term reactions to the vaccines. I took the risk, had the shots, as I am old and at risk and had not had the virus infection. The naturally recovered without having been put in a hospital have a natural immune system reaction else they would not have recovered from the virus. At some point the vaccines will not longer be under nan emergency use label and much more will be known about the side effects. Had I been infected with the virus and recovered on my own I would have at the very least put off getting a vaccine for a time. I would already have a natural immune response for some time, possibly a long time to the initial virus strains.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Before you read this post, understand that I am not advising anybody to do anything here.

. . . with the vaccine, you can schedule possible symptoms that keep you in bed/too tired to work. You can't "schedule to receive symptoms" from a contracted virus.
I tried to. I don’t think it worked.

I was always more worried about someone testing vaccine on me, and what it might do to my personal health situation. And with these different experimental vaccines going around, which one should I choose?

About six months ago, I figured that I should just get it over with, and I exposed myself to all the kids on purpose.

I knew they had all been cheating on the lockdown, and I assumed my grandchildren or my adult children had been exposed already. I had a birthday party and invited everybody, and they all came.

Because I knew I was exposing myself I self quarantined for about 2 weeks. I hung out in my work shed and I didn’t go anywhere without a mask and bugeyes.

My wife wife was vaccinated, and I wasn’t too worried about her. She was a elem schoolteacher and exposed to everything under the sun for 30 years. She survived it all. I survived whatever she brought home for 30 years.

I did have an episode a couple weeks later where I was very sick to my stomach. I think that might’ve been a case of contaminated chicken but it could’ve been corona and I have no way to tell. Four In the family had already had corona and recovered from it, only one suffering for more than a couple days. The smallest and weakest of the teen grandchildren suffered for almost a week.

Her aunt (my youngest daughter) is a public school teacher and had been in and out just as her kids had, according to the then current semi lockdown schedule, and none of them came down with Covid, Even though they had all been at my birthday party too.

Did I get it? Do I have it? Am I recovered forever? Will I get it again and again? Am I now a human mutant super spreader, walking the earth and shedding dangerous molecules as I pass you? There are so many questions and there are no answers.

I can walk into Walmart today and get a vaccination but I can’t walk into Walmart and get a test.

In order to get tested here for Covid you must already be sick. If you’re not running a fever and sniffling forget it.

I told the doctor I had a very upset stomach for two days, and he says no, if you didn’t have a fever. No Covid. Well I might’ve had a fever that didn’t last very long, waking up sweaty one morning.

Anyhow I am at 70” x 175 lbs and physically almost as strong as I have ever been. I dead lift 220 pounds easily. If I wear a strong knee braces I dead lift 320 pounds (if I don’t have to squat. Forget squatting.)

I’m sure that our government has very good advice for the general population, but I don’t think they have good advice for individual people. They’re playing a numbers game and I don’t enjoy being a participant.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
The one thing with which I agree is that COVID testing should be more widespread. Earlier in the pandemic, we had multiple free (county and state-run) free testing clinics in our small town.

Did you expose yourself to measles, mumps, rubella, polio and the rest to get those diseases to skip getting vaccinated for those? Or just COVID?

Before you read this post, understand that I am not advising anybody to do anything here.

I tried to. I don’t think it worked.

I was always more worried about someone testing vaccine on me, and what it might do to my personal health situation. And with these different experimental vaccines going around, which one should I choose?

About six months ago, I figured that I should just get it over with, and I exposed myself to all the kids on purpose.

I knew they had all been cheating on the lockdown, and I assumed my grandchildren or my adult children had been exposed already. I had a birthday party and invited everybody, and they all came.

Because I knew I was exposing myself I self quarantined for about 2 weeks. I hung out in my work shed and I didn’t go anywhere without a mask and bugeyes.

My wife wife was vaccinated, and I wasn’t too worried about her. She was a elem schoolteacher and exposed to everything under the sun for 30 years. She survived it all. I survived whatever she brought home for 30 years.

I did have an episode a couple weeks later where I was very sick to my stomach. I think that might’ve been a case of contaminated chicken but it could’ve been corona and I have no way to tell. Four In the family had already had corona and recovered from it, only one suffering for more than a couple days. The smallest and weakest of the teen grandchildren suffered for almost a week.

Her aunt (my youngest daughter) is a public school teacher and had been in and out just as her kids had, according to the then current semi lockdown schedule, and none of them came down with Covid, Even though they had all been at my birthday party too.

Did I get it? Do I have it? Am I recovered forever? Will I get it again and again? Am I now a human mutant super spreader, walking the earth and shedding dangerous molecules as I pass you? There are so many questions and there are no answers.

I can walk into Walmart today and get a vaccination but I can’t walk into Walmart and get a test.

In order to get tested here for Covid you must already be sick. If you’re not running a fever and sniffling forget it.

I told the doctor I had a very upset stomach for two days, and he says no, if you didn’t have a fever. No Covid. Well I might’ve had a fever that didn’t last very long, waking up sweaty one morning.

Anyhow I am at 70” x 175 lbs and physically almost as strong as I have ever been. I dead lift 220 pounds easily. If I wear a strong knee braces I dead lift 320 pounds (if I don’t have to squat. Forget squatting.)

I’m sure that our government has very good advice for the general population, but I don’t think they have good advice for individual people. They’re playing a numbers game and I don’t enjoy being a participant.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...covid-test-3-x-3-basketball-tokyo/8016521002/ people who are fully vaccinated are still catching covid. Almost everyday I'm reading stories of fully vaccinated people catching covid. I'm not against the vaccine but I'm almost positive we are not being told the full truth about the virus or the vaccine.
Almost every example of that is basically:
Hospital has 500 people with covid all unvaccinated.
Hospitalh as 350 people with covid, all unvaccinated.
Hospital has 450 people with covid, 1 is vaccinated.
OMG! People that have been vaccinated are still getting covid! We are being lied to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store