How long can cryptosporidium live on a surface?

Viridis

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2016
And I already see typos.... oh well.

Cyanopica

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2018
Texas
Having seen the effects a couple years ago of crypto blowing through a batch of baby leopard geckos at the store I work at.... I really feel for you. I can't add much to the conversation, except for this. It was very difficult for me to get a clean diagnosis. Multiple fecals from multiple sick geckos turned up with almost nothing, due to the nature of the infection. I sent three in for necropsy and only one came back positive. We did everything we possibly could, both with medicine and with husbandry, and still lost all of them. I think the lengths you're going to are amazing and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
The crested gecko is confusing. He was eating fine and had a decent weight to him? What temp did the room get when it was turned down? It can get down into the 60's in it's native habitat:
He was kinda slim, but I guess that was cuz of the lower... metabolism? does metabolism affect how often the gecko eats?
come to think of it, kidney failure may have been part of it, maybe even the plain cause of moon's death. She had a blue belly, and her tail never fully got down to the bone. sun did however, and didn't have a blue belly.
pluto on the other hand- he's fine. I actually didn't bother him while sleepwalking.
he did that himself- i have no clue why, but he moves his cup hide around from time to time, and generally pushes his stuff around.
today he flipped his cup for the third time.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
The crested gecko is confusing. He was eating fine and had a decent weight to him? What temp did the room get when it was turned down? It can get down into the 60's in it's native habitat:
He was kinda slim, but I guess that was cuz of the lower... metabolism? does metabolism affect how often the gecko eats?
come to think of it, kidney failure may have been part of it, maybe even the plain cause of moon's death. She had a blue belly, and her tail never fully got down to the bone. sun did however, and didn't have a blue belly.
pluto on the other hand- he's fine. I actually didn't bother him while sleepwalking.
he did that himself- i have no clue why, but he moves his cup hide around from time to time, and generally pushes his stuff around.
today he flipped his cup for the third time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store