how long can fish survive w/o food?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Buy some of those dissolvable food blocks.

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
yup, they will be fine. a few days before you leave, up their diet to include more dense meaty items. when you go to leave, add a feed block, or by an automatic feeder, like others said. Don't worry, they will be fine.

--EMI

starrfish71

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
Gainesville, Florida
umm... I have used those food blocks and come home to a tank full of dead fish- I won't ever use one again. I lost my red tail cat, giraffe cat, green phantom pleco and marble cat all at once. It shot the nitrates thru the roof.

c2nevels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2006
houston
i think it depend if their very aggresive because if they are then they might start eating each othter. im going back to new orleans for spring break and im going to buy an automatic fish feeder because if they dont get feed it probrably stress them out

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
starrfish71 said:
umm... I have used those food blocks and come home to a tank full of dead fish- I won't ever use one again. I lost my red tail cat, giraffe cat, green phantom pleco and marble cat all at once. It shot the nitrates thru the roof.
Really? I'm surprised by that.

cougar579

Candiru
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
I have a ornate that didnt eat for two months. He was roughly 18in at the time. I was told he was eating by the person I bought him from but he didn't tell me the truth on what he was eating. I wanted him of live food so he waited two months to finally take food.

c2nevels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2006
houston
i can believe that because when i had to leave new orleans because of katrina i left my turtles because i thoght it was a false alarm and when i came back to see the little piece of house i had left my turtles still was alive because the algae and mold that formed but they didnt eat regular food for a while and they sell was semi hard and they were red ear sliders

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
An auto feeder is a good idea id run it for a week or two before you leave to dial it in on correct amount

Or theyd be fine with nothing,id stay away from feeder blocks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store