How long does it take for GATF to reach adult size

Tigerfish0402

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2013
Michigan
Hi everyone.

I've had my GATF for approximately 2.5 years and he's about 17 inches long.

I'm just curious if he has peaked and is close to what his mature size will be or if he will grow a whole lot more. I know fish have indeterminate growth and expect that he will grow by small amounts over the years, but how can you tell if he will get much larger?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
If kept in the right tank and taken care of properly it wouldn't even be half way there assuming his genetics are good as well

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
I don't know if there is a known way to determine whether or not a fish will grow more. But what I'm almost certain of is that your fish still has plenty of growth left in it :). And I concur with what greenerinks greenerinks said, would love to see some pictures. I have a 11.5" one that I've had for about 18 months now :).

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
I don't know if there is a known way to determine whether or not a fish will grow more. But what I'm almost certain of is that your fish still has plenty of growth left in it :). And I concur with what greenerinks greenerinks said, would love to see some pictures. I have a 11.5" one that I've had for about 18 months now :).
Would love to see yours too! Mine is almost 12" or so, and i have had mine 17 months but was around 6.5" when i got him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store