How long have you been here?

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I assume since the Covid 19 pandemic many people are having life changing experiences including some members. Noticed a decline in activity.
That is interesting, I would have assumed that Covid-19 would of had the opposite effect with people getting more into the hobby, staying home more often and possibly having more time.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
That is interesting, I would have assumed that Covid-19 would of had the opposite effect with people getting more into the hobby, staying home more often and possibly having more time.
It does but I believe it pushes more to social media. The inflation has made money tight for a lot. The forum gets over a 1000 guests. Think from researching online and has the forum for info. We do have lots of info over the years and remains a good source.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Every time I check it I see 900-1000 guests looking at the site at a time, which is pretty cool. I personally love MFK a lot more than any of the social media things. Additionally, it is a wealth of information and a great community. As others have said, I think it is the ebb and flow of life, where people are really active on the site and then other times not as active.

Of course, I personally love it when the polypterus sub-forum is popping off. :)

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Me: It would be cool if some of the website guests/lurkers and some people from the polypterus Facebook page started contributing content to MFK.
Also me: you don't contribute much content. You need to post more fish pictures. Even if you don't know what you are talking about, pictures are always good!
Me: MFK should do a podcast!
Also me: "then it will be the strongest fish forum in the entire world!" jk. All jokes aside, a podcast would be rad. :p

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Been here for a while.

Reactions: tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I'm almost beginning to feel like part of the furniture, lol. I'm coming up to my 7th year on the forum. It doesn't seem that long ago since I joined.

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store