how long

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
Polypterus;1796134; said:
Excellent.. you can get him pointed in the right direction then....
only if he sells the fish and tanks to a worthy keeper! :grinno:

ar0wan

Epistemologist
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Austin, Tx
:popcorn:

50F7F5A2-0327-411F-A77E-E458049ADAFD.jpg

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
i also agree that if someone doesnt have the room or money to house a gator that doesnt mean they cant. i also beleive i could do perfecly fine with one if had the space and money. and with all the advise we have given to yohan he hasnt taken any of it cuz he still wants to keep the gator. yohan, ask yourself, do you want to be a successful fish keeper? or do you want something that you are not going be able to handle in the long run. lose the gator and get something that you can manage. F/S or tropical gar as mentioned before.

yohan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2008
Philippines/Los angeles
demjor19;1796164; said:
only if he sells the fish and tanks to a worthy keeper! :grinno:
in this place? i can say that i do care about my fishes. ive seen people putting a full grown silver arowana in a 55g in the past. i tried the shrimp he wont eat it.

yohan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2008
Philippines/Los angeles
city_of_evil6661;1797411; said:
i also agree that if someone doesnt have the room or money to house a gator that doesnt mean they cant. i also beleive i could do perfecly fine with one if had the space and money. and with all the advise we have given to yohan he hasnt taken any of it cuz he still wants to keep the gator. yohan, ask yourself, do you want to be a successful fish keeper? or do you want something that you are not going be able to handle in the long run. lose the gator and get something that you can manage. F/S or tropical gar as mentioned before.
awww man... i dont have anyone to give it to. LFS here wont be able to house him. i dont wanna release him to the river either(its a bad thing to do right) thats why i was asking what size of aquarium will be able to accommodate him(this time hes gonna go solo)

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
are there any public aquaruims near you?? and you do know that theres a market on here. cuz what will most likely happen is if/when you do get an enclosure for the fish, it will probably be stunted from being in a 75g when it should be housed in something much larger. and a tank large enough would probably be 10'x7'x4'. but thats just an estimate considering the full growth of the fish.

yohan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2008
Philippines/Los angeles
city_of_evil6661;1798712; said:
are there any public aquaruims near you?? and you do know that theres a market on here. cuz what will most likely happen is if/when you do get an enclosure for the fish, it will probably be stunted from being in a 75g when it should be housed in something much larger. and a tank large enough would probably be 10'x7'x4'. but thats just an estimate considering the full growth of the fish.
yeap! but they keep salt water fish. its not like in the US here government cant even provide good public schools.

"you do know that theres a market on here" what do you mean by this?

is the 75g not big enough to house him for like 2 or 3 months? his 14" now.

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
dark_knights_99;1798729; said:
A 300g tank
you woud probably get about 1.5-2 years out of a 300 gallon depending on the dimensions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store