How many animals do you have?

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Sort of a bump on the how many tanks do you have thread. This time, list all your animals. I want to see someone who's got a ton of animals. Right now I've got 2 leopard geckos, a rabbit, a dog, a hedgehog, and 3 cats. Currently tankless, getting a tank this summer hopefully. Also plan on getting a sugar glider, savannah monitor, and tegu in the next future.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
1 APBT, 1 American Bulldog, 3 APBTXAm.Bulldog crosses, 1 Albino Brooks Kingsnake (2014 baby) Heterozygous for Hypomelanistic, 1 Brooks Kingsnake (2014 baby) 100% Heterozygous for Hypomelanistic, 66% Het. for Albino, 1 F Common Colombian Boa, proven breeder 6ft+, 1 M Type 2 Anerythristic Nicaraguan Boa 6ft., 1 F "True" Peruvian Redtail Boa 5ft, 1 F Hypomelanistic Hogg Island Boa 5ft+, 1 F Ghost (Anerythristic and Hypomelanistic) Colombian Boa 6ft, pair of Cinnamon Ball pythons (2014 babies), pair Pastel Ball pythons (2013 babies), 1 M Mojave Ball Python 3ft, 1 F Pinstripe Ball Python (2014 baby), 2 F Spider+ Ball Pythons (hidden genes) 1600grams+ never been bred, 2 F normal Ball Pythons, proven breeders 5ft 2500 grams+, ALL the fishtanks I posted in the other thread - 20+ catfish, 30+ Cichlids, 200+ cichlid fry. My partner has my snakes, but while are for SALE and frequent the Expos., he will keep them in his shop while I turn my basement into an aquarium :D

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
1 APBT, 1 American Bulldog, 3 APBTXAm.Bulldog crosses, 1 Albino Brooks Kingsnake (2014 baby) Heterozygous for Hypomelanistic, 1 Brooks Kingsnake (2014 baby) 100% Heterozygous for Hypomelanistic, 66% Het. for Albino, 1 F Common Colombian Boa, proven breeder 6ft+, 1 M Type 2 Anerythristic Nicaraguan Boa 6ft., 1 F "True" Peruvian Redtail Boa 5ft, 1 F Hypomelanistic Hogg Island Boa 5ft+, 1 F Ghost (Anerythristic and Hypomelanistic) Colombian Boa 6ft, pair of Cinnamon Ball pythons (2014 babies), pair Pastel Ball pythons (2013 babies), 1 M Mojave Ball Python 3ft, 1 F Pinstripe Ball Python (2014 baby), 2 F Spider+ Ball Pythons (hidden genes) 1600grams+ never been bred, 2 F normal Ball Pythons, proven breeders 5ft 2500 grams+, ALL the fishtanks I posted in the other thread - 20+ catfish, 30+ Cichlids, 200+ cichlid fry. My partner has my snakes, but while are for SALE and frequent the Expos., he will keep them in his shop while I turn my basement into an aquarium :D
Wow. That's a lot of stuff, lol. Eventually my goal is to have:
-Dual 1,300 gallon monster tanks
-550 gallon ancient fish tank (pair of cuban gars and a ton of polypterus mostly, no aros)
-180 reef, with 10 gallon reef tied into it
-40 breeders - octopus tank and brackish tank
-65 planted
-600 FOWLR
-600 FRT
-300 planted cichlid (one nice show pleco, discus, pikes, angels, geophagus)
-Dual 12' intex pools (one tropical shark, one coolwater)
-150 gallon dragon moray
-9x9 pond (natives aka sturgeon, longnose gar, smallmouth bass, bullhead, spotted turtles, bullfrogs, etc)
-Reptile room with a few larger enclosures (larger lizards (like monitors, igs, tegus), show turtle tank, and a big anaconda cage), a bunch of 20 longs (breeding groups of small herps), a bunch of 2x2x3 screen cages (aboreals), a bunch of 18x18x24 exo terras (smaller arboreals), 36x18x18 exo terras (smaller snakes and medium lizards), and a few medium/large wooden cages, somewhere near the 6x4x4 range
-A few birds

Eventually, I would like to have a warehouse/building with a large shark pool. Something in the 160,000 gallon range. This seems like a ton, however I worked out the prices. I may be a bit off, but I have a good feeling I'm pretty close. Here's what I came up with:
-Around $50,000 for a large building to house it
-Around $10,000 for ventilation, lighting, insulation, etc in the building
-Around $25,000 for the actual pool itself (an above-ground, Arthur's Pools does custom designs and something about this size costed 17 grand but this one is deeper)
-Around $25,000 for filtration from AES
-Around $5,000 for an ozone and/or UV sterilization tank (put water change water in here, and essentially make it new sterilized water so you don't have to remake water after a water change)
-Around $10,000 for a solar panel pool heating system
-Around $10,000 for sand (pool filter sand) and rock (pool waterfall/grotto rock)
-Around $10,000 for smaller schooling fishes to fill in empty space (optional, I would do this though)
-Around $30,000 for sharks/rays to stock it (depends on what you fill it with though)
-Around $25,000 for everything else (test kits, thermometers, filling the pool, DIY salt, RODI unit, place to store food, etc)

That adds up to $200,000. A lot, but about the price of a swimming pool that is much smaller (concrete pool). I'm a long, long, LONG ways away from something like that though :)

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Still need to get rid of most of my freshwater fish but here it goes-
1 standard poodle
1 motoro stingray
4 discus
8 Cardinal tetras
2 Australian rainbows
4 diensons barbs
4 four line pictus
1 fire shrimp
1 strawberry crab
1 kole tang
1 blue face angel
1 six line wrasse

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Wow. That's a lot of stuff, lol. Eventually my goal is to have:
-Dual 1,300 gallon monster tanks
-550 gallon ancient fish tank (pair of cuban gars and a ton of polypterus mostly, no aros)
-180 reef, with 10 gallon reef tied into it
-40 breeders - octopus tank and brackish tank
-65 planted
-600 FOWLR
-600 FRT
-300 planted cichlid (one nice show pleco, discus, pikes, angels, geophagus)
-Dual 12' intex pools (one tropical shark, one coolwater)
-150 gallon dragon moray
-9x9 pond (natives aka sturgeon, longnose gar, smallmouth bass, bullhead, spotted turtles, bullfrogs, etc)
-Reptile room with a few larger enclosures (larger lizards (like monitors, igs, tegus), show turtle tank, and a big anaconda cage), a bunch of 20 longs (breeding groups of small herps), a bunch of 2x2x3 screen cages (aboreals), a bunch of 18x18x24 exo terras (smaller arboreals), 36x18x18 exo terras (smaller snakes and medium lizards), and a few medium/large wooden cages, somewhere near the 6x4x4 range
-A few birds

Eventually, I would like to have a warehouse/building with a large shark pool. Something in the 160,000 gallon range. This seems like a ton, however I worked out the prices. I may be a bit off, but I have a good feeling I'm pretty close. Here's what I came up with:
-Around $50,000 for a large building to house it
-Around $10,000 for ventilation, lighting, insulation, etc in the building
-Around $25,000 for the actual pool itself (an above-ground, Arthur's Pools does custom designs and something about this size costed 17 grand but this one is deeper)
-Around $25,000 for filtration from AES
-Around $5,000 for an ozone and/or UV sterilization tank (put water change water in here, and essentially make it new sterilized water so you don't have to remake water after a water change)
-Around $10,000 for a solar panel pool heating system
-Around $10,000 for sand (pool filter sand) and rock (pool waterfall/grotto rock)
-Around $10,000 for smaller schooling fishes to fill in empty space (optional, I would do this though)
-Around $30,000 for sharks/rays to stock it (depends on what you fill it with though)
-Around $25,000 for everything else (test kits, thermometers, filling the pool, DIY salt, RODI unit, place to store food, etc)

That adds up to $200,000. A lot, but about the price of a swimming pool that is much smaller (concrete pool). I'm a long, long, LONG ways away from something like that though :)
Jesus.... I don't ever wish to have that many tanks haha

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
Still need to get rid of most of my freshwater fish but here it goes-
1 standard poodle
1 motoro stingray
4 discus
8 Cardinal tetras
2 Australian rainbows
4 diensons barbs
4 four line pictus
1 fire shrimp
1 strawberry crab
1 kole tang
1 blue face angel
1 six line wrasse
Poodle people unite!

Seriously, I'll never get another dog breed, poodles are amazing, had then all my life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store