How many Koi can i put in my tank ?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I thought it's some mix-breed or mutant, so it isn't then ?

And how can you enjoy those big silky fan tail from top view except the pond has one side glass.
Well, like all types of koi they were bred for a specific trait.

You still see everything except their bellies from the top. And they are much more beautiful and graceful from a top view imo.
A54DE14C-3333-4447-B54D-40F189D72461.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: RD. and AquaDERP

AquaDERP

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
The fat wavy tail one in the middle is what kind of Koi?(by shape not color) I love that kind of their breed. One in my tank got that bodyshape. Another one got shape like your shusui but normal scale, but it doesn't interest me that much.

I might have a pond with glass view in couple of years, can it wait that long or they won't hold that long in 3 meters

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
The fat wavy tail one in the middle is what kind of Koi?(by shape not color) I love that kind of their breed. One in my tank got that bodyshape. Another one got shape like your shusui but normal scale, but it doesn't interest me that much.

I might have a pond with glass view in couple of years, can it wait that long or they won't hold that long in 3 meters
The white and orange butterfly?
I’d call her a mistake. Haha. She was deformed. Some might call her a short body, but her spine was bent down and her belly was big. She got worse looking the bigger she got.

• Wow
Reactions: AquaDERP

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
Discus and koi are not compatible. If the koi seem fine in your tank then keep them in there as long as you want.

AquaDERP

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
The white and orange butterfly?
I’d call her a mistake. Haha. She was deformed. Some might call her a short body, but her spine was bent down and her belly was big. She got worse looking the bigger she got.
So deformed, it means not a Koi that normal Koi keeper choice?

Discus and koi are not compatible. If the koi seem fine in your tank then keep them in there as long as you want.
I might keep Koi with discus until they're 20"+,then the Koi will go new pond.

Discus juv loves eating Koi slime and pest, you should try.

AquaDERP

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019

Maybe Koi's slime make them discus thinking of their childhood.

Especially this deformed butterfly :D

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
So deformed, it means not a Koi that normal Koi keeper choice?
Definitely not a koi a serious koi keeper would pick. It was such a shame, she was so cute as a 3” baby.

Yours doesn’t looked deformed to me. The belly isn’t crazy bad and the back doesn’t look bent at all from what I can tell.
The scales do look a bit rough though. If the discus are eating the slim coat off the koi that’s not good for the koi. Their slim coat is their outer form of defense against parasites and bacteria.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store