How to start a fish store?

Somethingfishyinc.net

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
www.Somethingfishyinc.net
you can buy & sell used tanks, I do & make more money sometimes then on new ones. Some can make some money but not everyone. As far as the net etc. as long as shipping cost keep going up people may want to go local more & more & see what they are actually buying.

me

Benfica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2008
Ontario
Somethingfishyinc.net;2798201; said:
you can buy & sell used tanks, I do & make more money sometimes then on new ones. Some can make some money but not everyone. As far as the net etc. as long as shipping cost keep going up people may want to go local more & more & see what they are actually buying.

me

Ya my thoughts to thanks again for the post.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Somethingfishyinc.net;2798201; said:

me
Not much money can be made from selling used tank, unless you can get them for free or in a very cheap. Also, the market don't have a constant supply of used tanks. Sometimes you will find a few, or sometimes you won't find any at all...

Here are some photo of my used tank sales... (size ranging from 25G to 90G tanks)

Even now, I have a few tanks that I wanted to sell

55G with wooden stand / light / canopy asking $180
75G with wooden stand / canopy asking $250
35G asking $35

AND believe me! I got them cheaper than what I asked for :D At one point I have 50 / 40G tanks in my basement / garage, enough to open my own fish store :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

12.jpg

35G.jpg

b73a_20.jpg

fish tank.jpg

HPIM0966.jpg

HPIM1753.jpg

spongesss.jpg

Benfica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2008
Ontario
Fishes33;2799090; said:
Not much money can be made from selling used tank, unless you can get them for free or in a very cheap. Also, the market don't have a constant supply of used tanks. Sometimes you will find a few, or sometimes you won't find any at all...

Here are some photo of my used tank sales... (size ranging from 25G to 90G tanks)

Even now, I have a few tanks that I wanted to sell

55G with wooden stand / light / canopy asking $180
75G with wooden stand / canopy asking $250
35G asking $35

AND believe me! I got them cheaper than what I asked for :D At one point I have 50 / 40G tanks in my basement / garage, enough to open my own fish store :D

Lol and if someone one does sell used tank in store for much cheaper then new ones it shoudl have no guarantee right?

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Benfica;2799117; said:
Lol and if someone one does sell used tank in store for much cheaper then new ones it shoudl have no guarantee right?
but mine are no crack, no leak and minor scratch! (the 55 and 75G are showroom condition thou! bought those two brand new) ^^

;)

People won't buy a used tank if they leak (even if its cheap)

Somethingfishyinc.net

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
www.Somethingfishyinc.net
you have been to my neck of the woods.
I usually do pretty good on used stuff & I do not guarantee & is as is & cash sales only! The only thing right now that are not moving is the acrylic setups because they cost more. & most buyers are looking for breeding tanks etc..
I sold some 55 setups for $125 & 150. & included filter, heater, pump, hood light & stand. Made $50 & $75 bucks plus they came back & spent double on fish, food etc.. Then one came back & bought another smaller setup. Young couple on a tight budget.
Also as far as around here I sell some new setups cheaper then what some people want on craigs list!, Someone was trying to sell a 10gal setup for $120-150 used! crazy!

When I buy I tell the seller up front I'm giving you less then what you are going to try sell it for or even half!. Someone people do not want to deal with people calling emailing, strangers coming over to their homes etc.. I have bought 100 tank fish rooms before with fish in them & made more money then you think!

me

Benfica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2008
Ontario
Somethingfishyinc.net;2799403; said:
you have been to my neck of the woods.
I usually do pretty good on used stuff & I do not guarantee & is as is & cash sales only! The only thing right now that are not moving is the acrylic setups because they cost more. & most buyers are looking for breeding tanks etc..
I sold some 55 setups for $125 & 150. & included filter, heater, pump, hood light & stand. Made $50 & $75 bucks plus they came back & spent double on fish, food etc.. Then one came back & bought another smaller setup. Young couple on a tight budget.
Also as far as around here I sell some new setups cheaper then what some people want on craigs list!, Someone was trying to sell a 10gal setup for $120-150 used! crazy!

When I buy I tell the seller up front I'm giving you less then what you are going to try sell it for or even half!. Someone people do not want to deal with people calling emailing, strangers coming over to their homes etc.. I have bought 100 tank fish rooms before with fish in them & made more money then you think!

me

Lol that must be one amazing 10 gallon. Liek i said earlier where i am from we dont use craigslist that much. But kijiji here is always full of fish, tank accessories. I saw this 75g,woodstand,heater,filter, and i think that was it just some lil things for only 75.00 dollars i called and he said sold lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store