How to treat ammonia poisoning

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
A few decades ago everybody was using the miraculous new undergravel filters and we all had live sand...but no ingenious marketing minds had coined that phrase and leaped on the bandwagon to sell it.

And now, dang it, I see that C. Breeze C. Breeze has tried to corner that market.

I will beat his price on live sand, and will offer custom blends with user-selected proportional additions of planaria, detritus worms, hydra, Malaysian snails, you name it. Just specify the added pest species and allow a few extra weeks prep time.

Satisfaction (mine, that is...) guaranteed! :)

I think I'll call it "Miracle Moving Muck".

Last edited:

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I think that the owner is blowing smoke up your ass. Even IF the owner had some sand from a well established system to sell you, you would need a **** ton of it in order to help remedy the situation that you have found yourself in. My guess is that if you add up the yrs of experience in this thread of yours, you would have a few hundred yrs of hands on experience attempting to assist you. Good luck.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
This is probably what the LFS is attempting to peddle. It's been around for 20 yrs or so.

CaribSea Aquatics 8479007773 Eco-Complete African Cichlid Zack Sand, 20-Pound, Black : Amazon.ca: Pet Supplies

Product description
Mineralogical and Biologically complete. Eco-Complete maintains the high pH that African Cichlids need while helping to resist pH drops associated with Cichlid systems, eliminating the constant addition of chemicals. It buffers automatically for the life of the aquarium and adds calcium, magnesium, carbonate, and more! The unique composition recreates the African Rift Lake environment. Eco-Complete’s high internal porosity maximizes biological capacity, which keeps your fish healthier. Eco-Complete Cichlid Substrate contains live, water purifying bacteria that makes cycling a new aquarium faster and safer. No rinsing required! Eco-Complete is packed in a water conditioning solution for immediate results!

It won't help the OP.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store