Hungry little things.

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
May I ask what makes them harder to keep? New Ray fan very pretty btw! Your other fish are in great shap as well
First off thank you very much. Retics are harder to keep because they are very fussy eaters. It takes a lot of work to get them to eat a variety of food. I have got mine eating raw shrimp, leaf worms, live blackworms, and one of them eats pellets. It was not an easy task. Where as my marbled motoros will eat almost anything I put in front of them. I could be wrong about this, but I feel they are more sensitive to water parameters than some of the other rays. If I am wrong in this someone please tell me. They are incredibly docile too, at least compared to my marbled motoros.

Reactions: Jörmungandr

Jörmungandr

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2016
Illinois
First off thank you very much. Retics are harder to keep because they are very fussy eaters. It takes a lot of work to get them to eat a variety of food. I have got mine eating raw shrimp, leaf worms, live blackworms, and one of them eats pellets. It was not an easy task. Where as my marbled motoros will eat almost anything I put in front of them. I could be wrong about this, but I feel they are more sensitive to water parameters than some of the other rays. If I am wrong in this someone please tell me. They are incredibly docile too, at least compared to my marbled motoros.
I see well thank you for the information it's appreciated

Reactions: viper0397

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
These retics are voracious eaters. Love them to death!! Can you all tell which one is pregnant?

Yeah, the one that is like a living vacuum:)

Reactions: viper0397
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store