Hurt stingray?

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Hey guys I see my stingray decided to hurt/scrap itself somewhere in the tank...

I have taken the wood out that might have hurt her...Will it heal automatically or should I add something to the tank?

D8A406E0-2106-465F-B7D5-BA9D304ADE9D.jpeg E3D19917-602A-4AE7-A85C-C202A2C59F91.jpeg

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
I agree, as long as your water is clean, they heal very quickly

Just make sure it was the wood and no one having a go at her

I suppose it could have been the wood but we have wood in all our tanks, even the pup tank and they glide around the wood... never seen one get hurt
Just make sure the wood doesnt have sharp edges

Reactions: Miks786

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
I agree, as long as your water is clean, they heal very quickly

Just make sure it was the wood and no one having a go at her

I suppose it could have been the wood but we have wood in all our tanks, even the pup tank and they glide around the wood... never seen one get hurt
Just make sure the wood doesnt have sharp edges
Thank you MariaS MariaS ...The only fish that is with her now is a 6” gulper catfish and they get a long pretty well...Don’t think the gulper would have harmed her

Reactions: MariaS

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Thank you MariaS MariaS ...The only fish that is with her now is a 6” gulper catfish and they get a long pretty well...Don’t think the gulper would have harmed her
ok... then she should heal pretty quick
As long as she is behaving normal and it doesn't look like its getting worse, I wouldn't medicate except you could maybe add a little salt but like has been said, with clean water it usually heals very quickly
If or when you decide to put wood back, just make sure there are no sharp edges and try make sure its firm in place and doesn't move around
I have this constant fight with my rays on how the wood should be in the tank
They actually wait for me to put it where I want it, and the minute I stand back to admire what I think was a great job... they push it and blow it to try move the wood out of place...
They real brats

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store