Hypsophrys nicaraguensis

Verdict78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2017
St.Petersburg
300 liters is @ 80 gallons, and would only work temporarily for Vieja as a grow out tank. Although I'm not sure what species rainbow Vieja is, but all Vieja I've kept need more that 100 gallons as adults (preferably much more) especially if kept with other species of cichlids. Even the most mild mannered Vieja get aggressive when kept in too small a tank.
Some Geophagines might work, depending on your tap water chemistry.
Geophagus crassiblabrus, steinachneri, and pelligrini are found in the harder waters west of the Andes, which is similar to the water nicaraguensee inhabit.
If by rainbow Vieja you mean V breidhori, melanura, bifasciata, or others of that size, a minimum 600 liter tank would be more apropos as adults.
bifasciata

breidhori

young melanura
Yeah that is one which i like.. but any wsy as you said i need 600 for them. I ll look to the geophaguses. The water for nicars is hard one so i need geos from similar water. Ill check your recomendations !

Verdict78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2017
St.Petersburg
300 liters is @ 80 gallons, and would only work temporarily for Vieja as a grow out tank. Although I'm not sure what species rainbow Vieja is, but all Vieja I've kept need more that 100 gallons as adults (preferably much more) especially if kept with other species of cichlids. Even the most mild mannered Vieja get aggressive when kept in too small a tank.
Some Geophagines might work, depending on your tap water chemistry.
Geophagus crassiblabrus, steinachneri, and pelligrini are found in the harder waters west of the Andes, which is similar to the water nicaraguensee inhabit.
If by rainbow Vieja you mean V breidhori, melanura, bifasciata, or others of that size, a minimum 600 liter tank would be more apropos as adults.
bifasciata

breidhori

young melanura
Yeah that is one which i like.. but any wsy as you said i need 600 for them. I ll look to the geophaguses. The water for nicars is hard one so i need geos from similar water. Ill check your recomendations !

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
Yeah they are quite cute guys !)))
weird but i love them! when i was placing the order i asked for a male with the hump on the forehead but i got this one which was awesome! i don't really know much about them if the male / female has different head shape or if was a different species all together lol i'm not sure but if i get them again it will be this kind for sure

Reactions: Verdict78

Verdict78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2017
St.Petersburg
weird but i love them! when i was placing the order i asked for a male with the hump on the forehead but i got this one which was awesome! i don't really know much about them if the male / female has different head shape or if was a different species all together lol i'm not sure but if i get them again it will be this kind for sure
I have to read about the water hardnes for them ))

Reactions: Bonytang

Verdict78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2017
St.Petersburg
Yeah they are made for my aquarium !!!)) I have to find them !)))

Reactions: Bonytang

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
ah, you are killing me my friend this is the farther shop from where i live))
i am in Russia St.petersburg)
But thank you very much for your link !
bro u have sturgeon there! lol not so good for home tank but in my top 5 fav fins!
baby sturgeon the best // acipenser gueldenstaedtii

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store