Hypsophrys nicaraguensis

Verdict78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2017
St.Petersburg
bro u have sturgeon there! lol not so good for home tank but in my top 5 fav fins!
baby sturgeon the best // acipenser gueldenstaedtii

hahah) yeah we have them here! some of them we eat) their black-caviar is very expensive,not sure but possible the most expensive in the world

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have also kept Gymnogeophagus balzani in hard water with no problem, they are from southern Brazil and Uruguay, so not really a tropical species, more subtropical.
I kept them at room temp, around 70'F, to help fend off the bacteria that may become problematic if kept too warm.

males above, females below

Reactions: Bonytang

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
I have also kept Gymnogeophagus balzani in hard water with no problem, they are from southern Brazil and Uruguay, so not really a tropical species, more subtropical.
I kept them at room temp, around 70'F, to help fend off the bacteria that may become problematic if kept too warm.

yep that 1st pic of these guys is exactly the one i tried getting man they look intense!
they really do have good personality. very nice pics

Verdict78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2017
St.Petersburg

Yeah i have to find them here in russia. I saw them once but i was impresed with other guys at that moment )) but ill find them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store