I do not understand why people post bettas here but killifish

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
You serious u can put my 1 inch killi and it will get eaten even African dwarf frogs go after I have never met a betta that can kill anything other than baby guppy but even then Guppu is too fast I kept my male with tiger endlers maybe planket is something else I have never owned one but if they can hold their own maybe I can add to my micro monster tank? Gonna look

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
well get eaten even African dwarf frogs go after I have never met a betta that can kill anything other than baby guppy but even then Guppu is too fast I kept my male with tiger endlers maybe planket is something else I have never owned one but if they can hold their own maybe I can add to my micro monster tank? Gonna look

@lphaBetta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2017
Well of course there will be individual specimens of the same species, and even breeding, that have different individual characters.

But hundreds of years of breeding for aggression and actual combat have made betta a purpose built fish. Relatively recently much breeding has gone more towards show characteristics, but I'm not including betta with that heritage in this.

It sounds to me like youre comparing a pit bull and a wolf. My pit bull (or betta) is more suited for one on one combat with an adversary not unlike itself because it has been bred specifically for characteristics advantageous to that end. But your wolf (or predatory fish) is certainly better suited for attacking prey and surviving against a variety of adversaries because it has evolved naturally with characteristics lending themselves to be successful at that.

In short, throwing my baddest betta in your pond with your conglomerate of predatory fish would not end well for my betta. Nor would it prove anything at all. The betta is a mini monster, in my opinion. They attack and are generally extremely aggressive to anything in their area. If at the end of the day that's all they are, then that's ok with me.

Reactions: Hendre and J. H.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
My panchax killies ate some fish that were pretty big. Noone picked on them, and they were in a big tank, (for them), but I never saw a hint of aggression out of them. They might eat a betta nearly as big as they are, but I suspect that had I put a betta in my 55 with them, everyone would have gotten along fine.

Reactions: candidpets
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store