I don't know who I am!

ercnan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
The End Of The Yellow Brick Road
straitjacketstar;925335; said:
Really? I hadn't noticed! :grinno:
Personally, I've always thought this was one of the worst places for a proper ID on African cichlids. No poo poo on MFK itself or any of the other boards but Scotty and people like Scotty who like to jump the gun and hold their word to the ultimate degree and leave no room for other possibilities, even if they are wrong.
It's not like he made it easy to disagree with him and poor owners of the fish he often incorrectly identifies think he must be right for having such confidence in his answers. Little do they know that that's just not the case. His ignorance sells (why not? He uses them fancy names and lives in the motherland of our beloved African cichlids ...right?) and for the most part I keep my mouth shut and offer my alternative .02, like most others do (with a certain degree of respect), but when he balls-out thinks his opinion is better than anyone else's and calls anyone who has disagreed with him "crackpots" and "whackos" I simply stand to call his BS. I, sir, have not tasted crack in 4 years so having attempted a completely sober identification I take offense to that! (<sarcasm)
I might have kept my mouth shut yet again but the fact that he had the nerve to attack everyone else for their input when he was obviously not even paying attention to the right fish that was to be identified... *sigh*
...I live with a bunch of retards (not mentally disabled, I actually have respect for the mentally handicapped, just stoopid). When they do something that is so unbelievably incredible, something that could be avoided by using simple logic, logic that the average toddler could manage, you just have to say something and hope it sticks.

I think when it comes to identification of any fish lots of people let their egos get in the way of common sense.

Hoping to get back on track: To the OP
Did your fish come with a common name? Often these zebra x lab hybrids come with a tag that may read along the lines of "Yellow Zebra".
I know PetSmart sells these hybrids and their little info card states that they are "Maylandia estherae". Funny thing that they do cause they sell these hyrbids with a perfectly good scientific name (quite accurate) but the real M. estherae (and some of the best tankraised ones I've seen in the hobby) are scattered in various tanks which are simply labelled "Asst. African Cichlid". :ROFL:
Though I tend to keep quiet as well because some folks just HATE being/or being PROVEN wrong, I have to 100% agree here.
A little common sense goes a LONG way, and being able to admit/accept being wrong helps even more.
Another :nutkick: for Scotty here IMO.
Then again, some folks just don't get it no matter.
Mostly young folks, but not always the case.

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
I am going to agree with a Zebra Hrbrid. Also maby the fish is scared of the camera.

ercnan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
The End Of The Yellow Brick Road
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Zebra Hrbrid ??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store