I GOT EGGS now what?

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
You can try a turkey baster to blow the fry and dead eggs away fro each other then suck the dead ones up with it.
I was trying to separate them with a very fine aquarelle paint brush. They ended up stuck on the brush

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Already promised her some when they become big enough. She already has a pair of pearl gouramis of her own. If my tanks didn't have lids she'd try to pet them

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Second day as wigglers. Eyes have developed further and they're starting to look like frys. I guess they will be free swimming very soon; probably like tomorrow morning or afternoon.

View attachment 1391384

They will be free swimming when the Angel fry absorb their yolk sac. The Angel fry will need food once egg sac is absorbed.
What do you plan on feeding the Angel fry?

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Not a fry specific food but some ultra fine tropical fish food. The lfs had fry specific food but only in huge boxes...

I also have blended flakes i used on the platy fry

Reactions: tlindsey

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Little update.besides the occasional jump they are not free swimming yet. But they got bigger and more defined. Made a quick attempt at counting them and got to around 95 ? i'm already looking for friends to donate and told my niece (the little girl in the picture above) that if she's nice she might get a bigger tank for Christmas because i'm definitely dumping like 20 or more at her place ?.

On another note : the platy frys turned one month old

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store