I hate the live and learn part of hobbys

Eupterus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2006
Bennington, VT
Used to have power outtages at my parents house on a regular basis. Someone using the mircowave and the computer at the same always caused the power to go out in part of the house. My tanks were on the part of the house too. Moving the mircowave cut down on power outtages. We still had regular power outtages, though not from someone turning on the mircowave anymore.

Depressing sight , sorry for the losses.

robkob

Candiru
MFK Member
May 28, 2005
lost
qumqats;1874905; said:
Get multiple circuits into the area.

Put half the equipment on one breaker, and the other half on the other breaker.

That way you're spliting the load across more circuits and if one breaker blows you won't lose everything.

Also look for single-failure points and try to remove them. i.e. two pumps/filters per tank.
:iagree: That's exactly what I did for my 900. It only cost me about $300 if I remember correctly to get an electrician to install a dedicated 4 plug outlet fed by 2 seperate breakers. Nothing runs off these outlets but the tank, and each pump is on a seperate circuit.

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
CHOMPERS;1874516; said:
Looks like it's gonna be fish for dinner tonight...
:thumbsdow :barf:
Sorry to hear about that. I used to flip when my Goldfish died. I can't imagine loosing those fish in one night. Really sorry. If I had an extra Stingray laying around I would give it to you.
Was that an albino Channel Catfish?
How did the Arowana die, don't they breathe air?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store