Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Anubias will be your best friend ;)

Wiggie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It's one of the cheap sun sun's rated at 500gph and it seems to be pushing just about that. Not bad and the tank is pretty understocked anyway. Water is clear and water parameters are good so it seems to be a pretty decent filter for the price other than the plastics are extremely cheaply made.

And unfortunately yes it's already filled with water so that may become a problem. But I like the idea of adding some Java moss , African water ferns, and maybe some sort of carpeting plant if it's not too late
Lol. Sorry--I realized that about the water after I posted. I did the same thing but tied plants to wood then placed them in the tank. This worked well. I did manage to plant micro swords for my foreground carpeting with water already in the tank. It stressed the roots and they floated a bit but now its fine. If the plants you put into the substrate float up just keep putting them back in. They will eventually stay put and establish. But it does take patience. Im also using Flouish tabs as I have a cichlid sand-like substrate (to achieve harder water conditions)so make sure you supplement if that is sand in there.IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG This is not a great pic of the tank but you get the idea. I still have to move some of the wood around and black out back of tank.

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
layout wise as suggested , you can add more bigger driftwood tied with plants , also try to follow the rules of using proper plant ,planting it as a foreground , mid and back , also tidy up your heater and inlet pipe by placing at the sides maybe ,your swords is well placed , by the way whats EBA and the two white stuff on the right bottom ?
EBA is an electric blue acara and the two white things are rocks I place in there for a small hide for the bichir.

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Also thanks guys you all have been extremely helpful. Ive been thinking about tying Java moss to the driftwood and S. Repens for the carpet or microswords. I found a place that sells matts of both of them.

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
I wish I had a picture of it but I'm stupid and ripped it off while doing some pruning but I had a new leaf growing out of one of the swords and call me crazy but I'm telling you this thing grew about 2 inches over night. Also any tips on pruning because I was told to get rid of any leaves with any brown on them because swords can't regenerate is this true? And also is there a better way then just ripping them at the base? Because I'm pretty sure I split the rhizome in half when I was pruning it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store