I LOVE this GLUTTON of a Catfish!

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
It's an Apurensis right? An Apu was my first real monster fish and I've always wanted to pick up another. Great pic and specimen, be careful though as they sometimes regurgitate when fed like that, can take days. I had a 12 inch Apu eat a 7 inch Red Devil and he regurgitated a decent amount of the RD 5 days later.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TheeEmotionalPayara

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2013
Chicago
Yes an Apu. He is the biggest pig I've ever kept and that is after owning a host of shovelnoses, redtails, acharas, and a bunch of other cats in between. Luckily he hasnt turned on his tankmates yet and even shares his tunnel with a pike cichlid from time to time. They are the odd couple lol. The only one he really squabbles with is my pleco who just has a bad attitude all around and most of the time the pleco dominates him and he retreats to his tunnel. These pics I posted tonight were after he pigged out on some tilapia and shrimp. Havent had issues with regurgitating yet but thanks for the heads up. I really believe he would eat himself to death if given the chance lol

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Yes an Apu. He is the biggest pig I've ever kept and that is after owning a host of shovelnoses, redtails, acharas, and a bunch of other cats in between. Luckily he hasnt turned on his tankmates yet and even shares his tunnel with a pike cichlid from time to time. They are the odd couple lol. The only one he really squabbles with is my pleco who just has a bad attitude all around and most of the time the pleco dominates him and he retreats to his tunnel. These pics I posted tonight were after he pigged out on some tilapia and shrimp. Havent had issues with regurgitating yet but thanks for the heads up. I really believe he would eat himself to death if given the chance lol
Glad to hear as mine was a nasty brute from day one. Only fish I ever had that would attack ornaments for not getting out of his way. Other then that he was really personable, enjoyed being touched and when ever he got hungry he'd adopt a vertical position with his mouth breaking the water and would make loud smacking sounds till I responded by feeding him. They're great fish I love these big mouthed butter balls, good luck with him!

Awesome cat. What is max size of these

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Supposedly 12 inches according to planetcatfish but if this vid is accurate and I do believe it is as the cat in the vid looks to me to be an Apurensis and not Fowleri they can easily dwarf that 1 foot size. According to this vid this particular specimen is 60cm or 23.6 inches.
[YT]YmmEE7CbFr0[/YT]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store