I sold my freshwater soul...

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
to the saltwater devil! I'm posting this here because this is where I live on this forum. I sold my 125 and 75 and everything that involves freshwater aquariums. I've been tossing this around for a while and I just dove in. I already miss my poly babies but this is just what works best for me right now.
Here is why. I work in an office setting and my personal office is 8'x13'. I had the 6' 125g and 4' 75g on the 8' walls and desk and work furniture on the one 13' wall without the door. I was dumping at very least 100 gallons of water per week down the drain using a 100ft python water changer. Yes, that's how far away my office is from the bathroom. No one seemed to be bothered by all of the racket but it was starting to get to me as time went by. The only fish that satisfy me are the huge polys and I can't continue to upgrade at my office. The 125 was just way too small. Realistically I needed at least a 210 and rather than upgrade to that I decided to buy..

A Coralife Biocube 32 all in one setup. I fully invested in saltwater, rodi sytem, auto top offs, everything. I can keep it low key and beautiful with saltwater.

You may think why not keep this all at your house? I BARELY have room for my 40g at my house and we've had the same few goldfish in there for years. My wife and I bought some land and in a couple of years we'll be building our dream home. THAT is when things are going to get real and I can go back to keeping polys. I'll be able to have a real setup like J jaws7777 . I'd like to have a huge 300g with a sump.

Anyways, I'll still be around watching the poly threads and posting here and there in this forum and in the salt section. I'll probably start a thread for my saltwater journey next week. I just want to say thank you guys for so much help in the poly world. It wasn't at all wasted because it won't be too long and I'll be at it again. See you guys around!

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Hope you get your dream home soon. Some of us here don't have enough space so we choose to house our polys in the garage. :) Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's all good....you can continue to contribute to the poly threads when you can as well as breathe some life into the saltwater subforum.

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hope it works out for you man, sounds like the right decision. Leave a link to your saltwater thread here when you get it up!
Thank you and I will be sure to do that! I have the aquarium in and everything else gets here Monday so it won't be long.

Hope you get your dream home soon. Some of us here don't have enough space so we choose to house our polys in the garage. :) Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86
I hear ya and that's probably what I will end up doing and would now if I had a garage :D

It's all good....you can continue to contribute to the poly threads when you can as well as breathe some life into the saltwater subforum.
That's the plan. I get to live vicariously through you guys until I get back into the poly game again.

Reactions: clm08k

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Sorry you going away from poly keeping for now, you are always welcome back whenever you decide to keep poly again.
You might suprise us with a crazy collection of poly and tank next time your back:)

Reactions: clm08k and jwd

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hey man you better stay active in the forum. Enjoy talking to you
I sure will and I've enjoyed talks with you as well!

Sorry you going away from poly keeping for now, you are always welcome back whenever you decide to keep poly again.
You might suprise us with a crazy collection of poly and tank next time your back:)
I can't wait to get back into it and when I do I hope to surprise you with something big!

Reactions: Polyaddict86

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I'm torn. I want to like your post but I dont. I get it I went the opposit direction you are. I got rid of around 2000g of salt water to nothing then to a 60g fresh and to a 75g fresh now headed for a 180. I think as you said sold you soul from one demon to the devil itself.....lol.
Good luck hope to see you around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store