I thought this was MONSTERfishkeepers

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
There’s a wide variety of tanks. There are some big tanks on here still. Some members have large tanks and others not so much. I think it’s what members can handle (keep and afford). Gotta roll with the changes.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
LOL! 55 gallons is hardly monster compared to the "swimming pools" that some members have or have had.
Lol, agreed!

OP, you’re welcome to not read any of the threads you don’t want to. While this forum is called MonsterFishKeepers, and is a place where a lot the people in the hobby with huge tanks tend to join and discuss their setups, the forum is still very accepting of all types and sizes of tanks. Many of us, in addition to our larger tanks, have smaller ones too. I have a 220, 29, and a 10. Does this mean that anything regarding my 29 and 10 should not be allowed to be posted on here?

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
LOL! 55 gallons is hardly monster compared to the "swimming pools" that some members have or have had.
you are always all to keen to jump against me richo.. i ment there should be 55gal minimum.. and yeah i kinda joined this forum thinking sweet i dont own 5 gal nano tanks to i will join this forum *thinking its where the big dogs hang out but it seems this site is definitely evolving into something i dont care about nano tanks or how to keep barbz alive lol i care about monsters.

Reactions: Davidiator

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
yeah i thought it would be a more monster oriented site at first but it has proven to not be the case. i dont keep any tanks larger than 100 gallons currently but im still an avid researcher and observer of monster fish that others keep, hence why i enjoy this site.

i dont think I'll ever keep huge fish if im being honest, not a big fan of the common monster aquaria like pbass, rays, gars, etc. monster tanks seem like a monster hassle. id like to have a 300 gallon one day and an oscar pond maybe but that is it. theres just so many fish in the under 12" range that are so interesting and fun to keep.

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Lol, agreed!

OP, you’re welcome to not read any of the threads you don’t want to. While this forum is called MonsterFishKeepers, and is a place where a lot the people in the hobby with huge tanks tend to join and discuss their setups, the forum is still very accepting of all types and sizes of tanks. Many of us, in addition to our larger tanks, have smaller ones too. I have a 220, 29, and a 10. Does this mean that anything regarding my 29 and 10 should not be allowed to be posted on here?
Kinda not really? I joined because it was mfk. Not nanofk. Im just thinking out loud. I hardly log on i wanna see more big prime stuff. It seems the good stuff was posted early. (2005ish) ive revived so many early post lol joined late is all and having a windge. I love keeping fish..

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
yeah i thought it would be a more monster oriented site at first but it has proven to not be the case. i dont keep any tanks larger than 100 gallons currently but im still an avid researcher and observer of monster fish that others keep, hence why i enjoy this site.

i dont think I'll ever keep huge fish if im being honest, not a big fan of the common monster aquaria like pbass, rays, gars, etc. monster tanks seem like a monster hassle. id like to have a 300 gallon one day and an oscar pond maybe but that is it. theres just so many fish in the under 12" range that are so interesting and fun to keep.
Yeah bro i thought the same... big fish are a pain in the ass compared to community fish. But also surprisingly rewarding

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
you are always all to keen to jump against me richo.. i ment there should be 55gal minimum.. and yeah i kinda joined this forum thinking sweet i dont own 5 gal nano tanks to i will join this forum *thinking its where the big dogs hang out but it seems this site is definitely evolving into something i dont care about nano tanks or how to keep barbz alive lol i care about monsters.
I aint against ya I just found the 55 gallon mention funny as I have seen posts from others in the past state that a tank is not truly monster unless it is 300 gallons or more.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I think of 55 and 75 gal tanks, as grow out tanks for fry.
To me the the most irritating posts are those where too large a fish are crammed into too small a tank, with too few water changes..
I consider an oscar in a 75, where water is changes once or twice per month, to be in that irritating category.
To me, educating about keeping the proper sized fish, in the proper sized tank is the goal, not subjecting a monster to cramped or squalid conditions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store