I thought this was MONSTERfishkeepers

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
I gotta say im definitely disappointed with the OG mfk posters defending this wave of nano crap.. get real all of use. EVERY nano tank is wrong. Not a single aquatic creature i can think of that deserves a nano tank! Simple

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The most great thing about this Forum is that we all learn how to properly maintain species properly and become better hobbyist not just fishkeeper's. Everyone made great points imo. I've learned so much and still learning let's keep this great forum going.:)

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Im obviously way to much of a greeny for you guys. Any fish in a nano tank is wrong imo and i thought i would have more supporters on this.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
I actually like the fact that there is something for everyone on this site. I've been a member of many, many forums. This one is by FAR my favorite. I like the fact that I can share my native darters as well as my rays and other "monster" fish. I've learned an incredible amount on this forum, probably more than all other avenues combined. I'm an active member of aquarium clubs and a research junky, but MFK is my home! If we restricted tank size or species of fish, this site would be as dead as all the other forums in no time. There are still several members with giant tanks and fish who are active daily...including myself. We are also lucky enough to be in the presence of a few of the greatest monster fish keepers of all time. These guys blow the MFKers of the late 2000's out of the water! There are a handful of active members who keep over 10,000 gallons. Maybe you just overlooked them...lol
Im obviously way to much of a greeny for you guys. Any fish in a nano tank is wrong imo and i thought i would have more supporters on this.
Check out rice fish and get back to us...

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Get a big tank and get tiny fish.. looks great.. literally smaller then small... nano.. get farked not even a betta fish deserves such crap. Should be illegal

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
There are many nano species that live in only inches of water in nature. Killis come to mind, as do some of the labyrinth species that live the same type areas. So those who keep nano tanks, with these tiny species, seem more humane than the cichlid keepers that maintain largish cichlids in tanks that have no more room than a rut in the road, or in a tank smaller than a drainage ditch.
My minimum rule for tanks, is at least 10 gallons per inch, and height and girth show be added, and realistically I believe that is paltry compared to the waters they live in, in nature. e.g. a pair of 12" oscars would get at minimum, a 180 gal tank.

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
What's the difference between a couple rice fish in a 5 gallon tank, and a couple arowana in a 500 gallon? Well, absolutely none.
Thats what im saying. Since when did it become acceptable to keep anything in such small nano conditions.? I honestly dont know about America, but its wrong over here

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
20180409_010852.jpg i dont know what a ricr fish is but im all about space. I wish it was larger

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store