I want Shell Dweller Cichlids!! and i have an empty 20 gallon! HELP!

LEVI_L

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charleston IL
O wow thats really cool im not at a place where i could spend that much now but that is really awsome that u made your money back! do u do anything to keep the water hardness lvl up to the recomended amount i see on all the websites about shelldwellers?

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
hit up davesrarefish he carries alot of sweet shellies! Plus hes a honest guy.
im glad u choose shellies. Every fishkeeper should try shellies at least once.
Start with some gold occies, pound for pound one of the baddest fish on the planet

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
just leave the water how it is from the tap. IMO fish enjoy stable water more than anything. Except for a few fish that is and shellies aint one of em

souxiong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Check out Shelldwellers.com
Its a forum devoted to shell dwellers and you'd probably find plenty of useful information on there as well as pictures of different species

LEVI_L

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charleston IL
thanks alot guys! if there is interest ill post pics of my tank when i get it going. what is IMO ? and really just straight outta the tap hu? would that be better for em than RO water?

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
Really?! how much would shipping be and how could i pay you?
Sure, you could pay me through paypal or something like that, I really don't know how that whole thing works, I was hoping you did :-/. I honestly don't know how much it'd be, I have to look into it. It also depends on how you'd prefer them shipped as I don't know what's best method. If anyone has some insight on this situation, that'd be most helpful.

As for your other questions, Tap water is fine, that's what I use, they're not that picky, and IMO means "in my opinion" (IMHO=in my honest opinion)

LEVI_L

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charleston IL
Yes if any one could help us that would be awsome! I would love to take your fish for u. I dont have any idea how fish are shipped either :/ ive never got fish any other way than going to pick them up in person
Sent from my COMANDO using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LEVI_L

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charleston IL
Wow! Nice man! The more I look into these tangs the more i want a tank like that one!! Ahhh! I dont know what to dooooo lol

Sent from my C771 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
Apparently Priority shipping through the post office is the cheapest method. They have those flat rate shipping boxes inside the post office. So then I'd just have to put them in a bag in an styrofoam box with heat packs and that should be it, so it should only be like 20 dollars... That's not bad

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store